Post # 1
I have finally had an issue with an etsy seller. She has 100% feedback so I thought it would be a sure thing. First of all it’s a customized cake topper that cost $100. i was very specific about what I wanted and sent her a couple of reminders. Finally the day it was supposed to ship I asked her if she was on schedule and if it was in the mail. She said it would be a couple more days but she would send me an image. Well I get the image and its cute and all except one glaring error. The cake topper is the wrong ethnicity! I know I’ve told her at least three times that I am african American and even sent a picture. Now I’m waiting for her response. i wont share her seller name in case she is able to make some kind of resolution.The wedding is in 10 days! there are only 8 days of shipping left. Smh
Post # 3
@imanw: ugh, thats horrible! I hope she fixes it and sends it to you asap!!
Post # 4
@imanw: unless she wants her 100% to be marred, then she’ll have to overnight it to you. hang in there!
Post # 5
Now that I have received the cake topper and the seller refuses to own up to the problems with her product I have no qualms about sharing her seller name. It is http://www.etsy.com/shop/Garden4Arts. I will try to be fair as possible with this review and hopefully I can caution other brides who are considering this seller.
1. The seller gets back to you very quickly. She was very detailed in her questions.
2. The packaging she used to ship was great. The cake topper came to me intact
1. I paid for the cake topper January 8th and she was not able to ship it until a week before the wedding on may 16th. This made me nervous but she had 100% reviews so I thought it would be ok. She would get it to me on time.
2. May 15th I contact her to see if she had completed the cake topper. she said that she was still working on it and would ship it may 17th. I’m getting more nervous but then she says she’ll have me approve the image before she sends it.
3. I received the image and the skin tone of the bride was wrong. I calmly expressed my concern and asked her to fix it. She tells me not to worry and she would send me another image soon.
4. I eventually get another image and immediately I could see a lot of problems. Because she had to paint it, the work was very sloppy. I can see a few spots that are not painted. Also I could now see how sloppy the arms are attached on the cow girl. There are also weird patches under the eyes.
5. I let her know my concerns and she says she has already shipped it. She also told me not to worry about the patches under the eyes. I’m so irritated but from the picture I think these issues could be minor and I have just a few days until the wedding I go with it. I receive it two days later and I see the problems are even more pronounced in person. I don’t even know if we will use it. I let her know I wasn’t happy and she has yet to give a response.
6. I then go to try to leave a negative review and realize I can’t because etsy only allows you to write them 120 days after the purchase. Remember I purchased this in January. Now I’m beginning to understand why she has no negative reviews, not everyone can leave one.
So my biggest problem is that she works too close to your deadline. She also not not willing to admit to or adequately correct her mistakes. I’m not saying I had no blame in this. There were times when this seller did and said things that raised a red flag in my mind. I put way too much emphasis on her reviews instead of going with my gut. I am now shopping around for a new cheap cake topper. I think I am most upset that I spent so much on something that a) is a minor part of the wedding and b) and I didn’t get the quality warranted for 100 dollar item.
Post # 6
🙁 I’m really sorry about this.
However, I jsut can’t not ask. Are you and OSU alum, by chance?
Post # 7
I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but thank you so much for sharing. I am considering several etsy purchases for my wedding and this was very helpful.
I think the topper looks cute though!
Post # 8
@imanw: Oh no 🙁 I’m so sorry for your stress. For what it’s worth, I have a hard time picking out the errors. I think it’s cute 🙂
Post # 9
I’m sorry you had a bad experience! FWIW…I have a heard time seeing the errors from the picture, I think it looks cute!
Post # 10
I would attempt to contact etsy and explain what heappened. I’m sure they wouldn’t be happy about people getting around poor feedback by shipping things after the feedback period.
Post # 11
You can open a case against her on etsy!!! I would so do that if I were you.
Post # 12
Boooooo! I’m having a problem with an Etsy seller, too. : She’s ignored both of my messages and has not responded to the case I opened, either.
Post # 13
Well, if my opinion is worth anything – I think your cake topper is adorable!
Post # 15
@imanw: Go Pokes! 😀 I don’t think we’ll be having any OSU elements at our wedding, but your cake topper idea is adorable. 🙂
Post # 16
thsnks ladies for the suggestions. I will definitely look into it and keep everyone updated