(Closed) Ugh husband put fertilizer down in yard and puppy almost ate it!

posted 4 years ago in Emotional
Post # 16
Member
5940 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
tracyb101:  I understand how you feel. The puppy is a baby and your husband made a mistake. I don’t know if he’s normally kind of a dork like that, because sometimes people are. But yeah, you might not want to bring it up anymore. I’m sure he feels bad enough as it is.

One time I asked my husband not to use rat poison to catch a mouse in the basement. Well, he came home with poison pellets. I was not happy, but he swore we’d keep the door closed. Which we did. What we did not anticipate was a mouse hoarding the pellets into our shop vac. We then used it upstairs and these pellets all came shooting out. Our dog was young at the time and fast! I couldn’t tell if he had eaten any because he was on top of it, but we both panicked and took him to the ER where they induced vomiting. Oh man, was my husband sorry after that. He felt so bad. And I didn’t even have to say anything. (dog is fine, by the way)

Just know your husband isn’t trying to be a goof.

Post # 17
Member
9079 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

To be fair, using rat poison in any form when you have pets or young children is pretty careless.

The topic ‘Ugh husband put fertilizer down in yard and puppy almost ate it!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors