Post # 1
Seriously I just got up and my dog ate an entire bottle of prenatal vitamins!
On the serious side…does anyone think this will hurt him?
But on the funny side….He has also eaten a string of Xmas lights and 3 sticks of butter at one time. I suggest going to the vet for that bc the side effects are messy!
Has your dog eaten anything crazy?
Post # 3
Wow, I’m glad my dog doesn’t eat things she’s not sposed to! She has a taste for paper towels though
Post # 4
My dog once ate a frog, which I only know because I saw the leg come out the other end! (TMI, I know, but it’s too gross not to share!) He also ate a whole (live) starfish at the beach, although at least that didn’t seem to cause him any gastrointestinal distress. 🙂
Post # 5
…I would call the vet about those vitamins, though – just to be on the safe side!
Post # 6
Thanks Colette…I was waiting for them to open and did some reading after I posted. Apparently that level of iron can be toxic so he’s at the vet now.
Post # 8
My puppy ate less than 1 ounce of baker’s chocolate. I called the vet they instructed me to give her 1 teaspoonful hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes until she vomited. The first teaspoonful worked really quick (and I was so grossed out!)
Usually she tries to get a hold of paper towels and tear them apart.
Post # 9
My dog eats everything. He was much worse when he was younger though. He loves to rip up dryer sheets, facecloths, toilet paper, etc.
He eats his own poop, just about anything you drop, LOL!
Post # 10
Oh no! Where’s redherring? lol
My parents’ dog ate a WHOLE BAG of sugar free, individuall wrapped life savers. He was freakin’ nutso for hours while he pooped plastic and burned off the sugar.
Post # 11
I would definitely call you vet ASAP to make sure they’re not harmful. I worked at a vet a year ago & dogs can be VERY sensitive to certain things. He’ll probably wind up having it come out on one end (hopefully) but if you see anything weird like excessive drinking, etc. I would definitely take him in.
Post # 12
Derbybride, I’m glad you got your dog to the vet. I don’t even think people understand that vitamins can be toxic in high doses, but definitely could be problematic for a dog! And they do have poison control numbers for dogs, in case you need one after hours (mine at an ant trap one, so we know!).
Lindsay.12.31.2010, our dogs DEFINITELY must be related! Is your’s a terrier? Our terrier mix just woke me up this morning by puking an entire acorn on the bed (the size of a kalamata olive), loves to eat poo, rip up any piece of paper he can get his hands on, munch on socks, man it drives me nuts!
Post # 13
Oh man. My dogs love my underwear. The big one likes to lick them, and the little one carries them around and chews them up. It’s pretty embarassing when he takes them out in the yard and leaves them there.
Right after we got her, my big dog ate 2 1lb bags of Twizzlers. We were finding them hidden around the house in weird places for months after that! She stashed them everywhere.
Post # 14
oh I also forgot the rat poison he ate at my Father-In-Law house…that was scary!
Post # 15
Well at least I’m not the only one!
@Stiginkgo–that is very scary. We actually lost a dog last year bc she got into rat poison and we didn’t find the empty container until it was too late.
This has really turned out to be a mess! Marshall threw up 4 times before I got him out the door to the vet. So I get home and get all that cleaned up to find that my little dog is doing the butt drag and has poop all over himself and the couch. I bathe him, clean the couch, then realize that he may have eaten some so I try to make him throw up. The pills are purple so its very obvious if they ate them. No luck tho! He refuses to throw up so I just dropped him off at the vet too, just in case.
Man I had such a nice day planned! The things we do for our pets!
Post # 16
Board games, underwear, shoes (lots of shoes!), frisbees don’t stand a chance- the most disasterous was him tearing through a large pack of shaving razors (he got them out of a suitcase I’d packed), chewed them to smithereens and I never found a drop of blood. Sure do love him, but he drives me bonkers 🙂