- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
All I want to do right now is scream and tear my hair out right now. I knew that going into the house buying process it would be stressful, but i didn’t think that a week into it, i’d be screaming this loud.
A little background. I was casually browsing houses online and found a diamond in the rough. A foreclosed, two story victorian for 29,900. We went to look at it, and really besdies a very small section of the roof, it looked in really good shape. So, we called a mortage lender. The lender took our info and then we waited. SHe called back to say my FH had to do this and this in order to get his credit up and should he do exactly that, we’d have no problem getting approved.
So, we put an offer in on the house because we knew it wouldn’t be on the market long and thinking since we were doing what the lender wanted, we’d be good. We set up a meeting with the lender the day after we put in the offer to get a formal approval.
After the meeting, we felt defeated. We were basically told I’m not a factor in the equation because I make next to nothing although my credit is nearly perfect, nothing in default, all bills are being paid, etc. And my FH is told it looks good, we just need to make sure you are doing what I said. Which FH said oh yeah, I’ve done that. He basically had to pay off two cards to a certain amount, it was around 2,000. To qualify for the loan that is needed for this house, he needed a 640 score, he has a 633 as his middle score. Just had to raise it 7 points.
Well, turns out paying down on these cards was not what was needed. SHe comes to tell us at the end of the meeting that because of his one student loan, which he owes about 2000 on, will probably be why we won’t get the loan. That it needed to be paid first because it’s a government loan and the loan we want for the house is a government loan.
I am pretty sure FH wanted to deck her but we left. We aren’t giving up. We are trying two more lenders to see what our options are but it’s not looking good. We are going to see what it would take for me to just get the loan, what would happen if we got a different cosigner, and anything else we can think of.
We keep hearing if it’s meant to be, it’ll be but that’s not what we want to hear. We are doing everything we can to make it happen. This house is more than we could have ever dreamed of. It’s gorgeous and something that would be a life long home. But right now all that stands between us and that house, minus the offer being accepted, is 7 little points and a student loan. So I’m trying my hardest to hold it together for FH cause he is kicking himself for not being able to provide for us. And I’m kicking myself cause I don’t make any real money.
Sorry so long, I just needed to vent. I know that we’ll find something if this falls through. I just don’t want it to. Sigh.