(Closed) UK bees – please show me your e-rings in the £1500-£2000 range

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Some of the best deals you can find are in pawn shops. Not hugely glamorous in terms of locations, but they do have some cracking rings. I saw a stunning 2.75ct TCW cluster ring with a 0.8ct Asscher centre for £2150 recently (insurance value £6k).

Post # 19
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@somersetdarling:  omg!! I love Timothy Roe!! I knew him when he was training with the guy who owns Ebony in Chichester. Timothy custom made me three pairs of earrings and a stunning diamond necklace for my birthday. He’s such a lovely man, a brilliant jeweller and his creations are timeless. I just got married in Chichester 😀

I’m a UK bee. My husband bought my ring from overseas. It’s 1.01ct, G, VVS1 princess cut solitaire. My wedding band is .75ct princess cut channel set half eternity bought from the same jeweller. i know if we had bought those rings in the UK we prob couldn’t have afforded them especially with those diamond stats. Going abroad definitely kept the price down. 

Post # 21
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Audrey2:  I think I tried that ring on in hatton garden!

Post # 22
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@hislittlepenguin:  That’s so weird, I live in Chi! Didn’t expect anyone to know where it was! Me and the Fiance are wondering if we know you now – cover blown haha.

Post # 23
177 posts
Blushing bee

@MsBeer:  we got ours from Dubai but I’ve got friends that got theirs from canada and seems like they got great quality and a decent price. They got family in canada to purchase their rings for them and they saved quite a bit so I say defo look about while you are out there. 

Post # 24
177 posts
Blushing bee

@somersetdarling:  I know! I was so excited when I saw your post. I grew up there but moved away over a decade ago. wow that makes me feel old. 

Post # 25
1710 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My ring was £1500 from HSamuel. I love my ring but had I known then what I know now about diamond quality etc I would have gone the custom route. Though I probably would have just ended up with the same ring just a little cheaper!! I am having my wedding band custom made in a little independent jeweller in Canterbury 

@MsBeer:  

Post # 27
479 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2003

I’m in the US but I am obsessed with all things British!  I would love to see a UK rings thread! 🙂 

Post # 29
1887 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MsBeer:  thank you 🙂 good luck with your search!

View original reply
@LilLis:  cool! Mine is from diamonds factory but I saw very similar ones in a couple of shops. I was actually surprised because it’s not a style you really see on the high street but it’s all over Hatton garden!

Post # 30
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

@MsBeer:  Hi! I just got engaged on saturday and I’m from the uk too 🙂

My fiancée ( feels so weird to say that ) got my ring from moissaniteco , it’s a beautiful ring and you really do get more for your money ! At first he was really apprehensive about it because he didn’t know much but as I told him more he was really pleased with it.

i have a forever brilliant 1.25 carat stone and from what I saw when we applied for our insurance the total price for the ring for £1250 I think.  That is including shipping also but not sure about that sorry! I know it’s less than your price range but it’s quite close lol.

I think think high street stores are a rip! Beaver brooks etc , there all mostly cluster rings claiming it’s this much carat trying to think your getting more but your not really. 

Whatever stone you get I wouldn’t go to a high street store , independent stores are wonderful and the other ladies here are right ! 

Good of luck with looking anyway and any questions would love to help 🙂

Sorry for the huge pic not sure how to resize on an ipad!

Post # 31
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Audrey2:  Hatton Garden did have some great alternatives. I was looking during the christmas hols last year (engaged christmas eve) I kinda want to go back this year. But I doubt it will happen. No excuse this year and I did get an enagement ring and a wedding ring last year so I’ve had my fair share of jewelry this year!

The topic ‘UK bees – please show me your e-rings in the £1500-£2000 range’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors