UK Mamas-to-be 2019

posted 3 weeks ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
101 posts
Blushing bee

I had an internal at the fertility clinic which actually caused me to bleed, and although I was assured all was fine I went for a private one at 9+6 and doing that interim one really helped me to relax.

Can I ask how long everyone waited for their letter about the screening for Downs Syndrome after your 12 week scans? It’s been 1 week 1 Day now and I’m getting really impatient!

Post # 64
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

atlasbee :  mine was 2 weeks-ish too but a longer wait is good news. If your results were of concern, I think they would have contacted you by now (our sonographer said 3 working days)

Post # 65
101 posts
Blushing bee

Twizbe :  thank you! Probably a good sign then that it’s been over a week :). We’re waiting until it comes to share our news and it’s so hard to wait! I’m so excited!

Post # 66
101 posts
Blushing bee

shanmia :  thanks, I guess it’s a good sign then I’m just not a patient person haha

Post # 67
372 posts
Helper bee

atlasbee :  is your nuchal translucency measurement on your scan notes? That gave me a lot of comfort while I waited for the results as they were in the normal range. But yes, if you haven’t been called by now, think you can rest easy! 

Post # 68
101 posts
Blushing bee

shanmia :  I’ll have a look today but I know it was absolutely fine- well within the healthy range! I’m not too worried I am just itching to tell everyone 😊

Post # 70
101 posts
Blushing bee

Twizbe :  Great to hear all is well and baby is growing nicely, how exciting to think about the birthing plans soon! I did not know about that blood test either that’s interesting. 

Also sooo glad to hear you liked NCT, my sister has bought me classes as a baby gift which is so unbelievably kind and generous of her and I’m really looking forward to it. I don’t have many friends at all with kids so I think I’ll benefit a lot :).

Post # 71
109 posts
Blushing bee

Twizbe :  glad your appointment went well 😊

I’ve got my first booking appointment tomorrow , but worried as it’s still not feeling real for me yet …x 

Post # 73
372 posts
Helper bee

Good luck at your booking appointment! Will all be fine – its mainly admin! Will make it feel more real though 😊

alice88 : 

I got my whooping cough done this week too! My arm is still aching though..! Have my 20 week scan tomorrow morning – nervous but excited and trying to be positive! 

Twizbe :  

Post # 74
109 posts
Blushing bee

shanmia :   

Twizbe :  

Booking appointment and blood/ursine tests all done 😊 also had flu jab too

guess now I’ve just gotta wait for a scan letter in post 

she said would be at about 13 weeks …. 5 weeks to go 😫

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors