UK Mamas-to-be 2019

posted 4 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 106
152 posts
Blushing bee

atlasbee :  try not to worry, it is normal for kicks to come and go a bit at this stage. As you know, I’m only a few days behind you and I have had the occasional stronger kick since about 16 weeks, but most of the time it is just flutters still. Great news that your Doppler and 20 week scans were good, so try to focus on that πŸ™‚

As for me, I’m having a down day too. I’ve had cancer in the past (nearly 10 years ago now, with a mini-cancer again 3 years ago) and I was told there was a risk, albeit very low, that pregnancy could retrigger it. I had a (cancer) ultrasound check-up this morning and it was very discouraging. The radiography consultant needs to check against my previous scans, but it looks like I am heading for more biopsies and he asked me if I had an MRI recently to check for any spread to my bones πŸ™ πŸ™ I haven’t been asked that since my very initial diagnosis, and I’ve had a lot of scans over the last 10 years. It’s really difficult having the scan on a Sunday, as I can’t even put in a panicked call to my cancer consultant (not that he’ll even get the radiographers report for a few weeks anyway because of Christmas etc).

I’ve come home from the hospital and spent most of the morning in tears. I don’t know what I’ll do if the cancer is coming back whilst pregnant. I’m hoping the radiographer (hadn’t seen this one before) was just being over cautious, but feeling very glum and not hopeful.

I am exactly 20 weeks today and was so excited to be half way when I woke up this morning. I have my 20 week scan this coming Thursday. Hopefully that’ll go a lot better.

Post # 107
110 posts
Blushing bee

splishsplash :  You’re right, I will try to relax a bit! 

I am so sorry to hear this, I think maybe if it’s a new radiogist and with the pregnancy they were just being super cautious. I have everything crossed for you that all is OK. I’m sorry for the timing too this is not what you need over Christmas especially if it slows things down. 

Let me know how Thursday goes, the 20 week scan will hopefully cheer you up a lot it’s a truly amazing experience 😊❀️. 

Always here if you want a chat

Post # 109
110 posts
Blushing bee

Twizbe :  Glad to hear all is going well, you must be so excited to be on the home stretch!

I think I’m just struggling to see how much can change in a few short weeks, I’m 21 weeks now and it’s gone down to being so subtle after the active week that I sometimes doubt if it’s the baby! I looked back over my notes though and see I have an ‘anterior placenta’ which means it’s at the front so could be cushioning things a bit. It’s all just new to me so I think some level of anxiety is very normal!

Post # 110
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

So has anyone had their baby yet? I know we are only one month into 2019…

but I had my little girl Emily on the 13th January! One day before my scheduled induction and two days off my due date! She’s absolutely gorgeous and her brother absolutely adores her.  It’s been the perfect way to start the new year! 

Post # 112
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

You/you partner’s age: 32/33

Baby#: 2

EDD: 27 September 2019

Team colour (pink, blue, yellow): We shall likely find out as we did with our first 

Whereabouts: West Devon

Post # 113
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

chrispinehemsworthevanspratt :  Congratulations! 

I’m coming up 32 weeks and soooo uncomfortable today – but very excited!

Post # 114
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I live abroad but plan to come back to the UK to give brith, so I hope I’m allowed to join this thread!

You/you partner’s age: 28/24

Baby#: 1

EDD: Oct 15th

Team colour (pink, blue, yellow): undecided

Whereabouts: N Ireland

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors