- 6 years ago
So my finance is on the phone with a caterer we were negotiating with, and decided not to book…as he sent us a bill for $300 for his tim and claiming we reserved and booked that date…which we didn’t. Oh, and he is also threatening to take it to court.
here is how it unfolded:
I had 2 caterers I was looking at..back and forth for a few weeks. We decided on the other caterer, and the 1st caterer (the dumped one) emailed me, asking if I had made a decision on what we were doing as he had an inquiry on our date. I emailed him and said we were thinknig of chanigng up the menu and would need a price and then if all looks well, then basically, tell us where to drop off a cheque.
SO, I never got the quote…waited three days, and had to make a decision. So I email him sorry, we made another choice, thanks for everything…hope he can get the other people still..etc etc
I got SCHOOLED verbally by this caterer and said he had a better offer but he is a professional unlike me and that I need to learn how to do business better and how could I..I have a 5 paragraph email on ethics and behaviour and how awful a human being I am and attached…a bill for 300 bucks as I “wanted him to reserve that date”.
I email him back saying I am so sorry, there must be some mistake, lets talk about this…(WTH>??!) and we are being personally bashed which is not cool…
He again rsponded with a bill and the lengthy schooling. I tossed back at him we aren’t sure what to do at this point and he was like “Well, I can’t work with you, you are unethical, you better think about that in the future”.
I thought unless things were signed, check dropped off, then it isn’t a deal? I simply asked him to write up a revised deal then yes, of course I would sign if all looked good…I mean, I really liked this caterer and I don’t know if I have hit some booking faux pas…
I don’t want to go to small claims court over this either!
Should we pay?