(Closed) Under $600 wedding reception

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
3471 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

I would reccommend talking to a local Italian restaurant that has a back/private room. See if you can serve a set menu (like 2 pasta dishes) family style, and maybe even bring your own wine (probably for a corkage fee).  This will help keep the costs down.  We did this for our rehearsal and it was about $200 for 17 people; but we are in the SF area. 

Post # 4
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

You could find a space in a community center or park somewhere, order food from a good grocery that caters (Yelp it up), and set up your own buffet.  Trader Joe’s has great, cheap wine (Charles Shaw) if you need that too.  I did all that for my mom’s bday last year, it was about $1k altogether for 70 ppl (could have been cheaper with a few tweaks).

I don’t know about San Diego, but in NYC you couldn’t find a restaurant in 100 miles that would feed that many people for that price (maybe Subway, lol).

Post # 6
5428 posts
Bee Keeper

If you are using a restaurant and your ceremony is elsewhere, try very hard not to use the word “wedding” because all people see with that word is $$$, and they will charge you an arm and a leg! If you say a “get together” or “family reunion”… you probably will get a better chance of paying a good chunk less! It’s sad but true!

The topic ‘Under $600 wedding reception’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors