(Closed) Under Construction for 2014

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Nona99:  Thank you, I am going to look that cleanse up on Amazon (love that site!). It is such a hard, uphill battle. It so easy to get fat, but quite hard to lose it (at least, that’s what I’ve found). I’ve seen photos that you’ve posted, and I’ve read a lot of your posts. You are a truly beautiful person, inside and out. You seem like you are very determined and once you’ve decided something, that’s it – it’s happening. A lot of us do care and I know I’m not alone in wishing you well.

Thank you for posting this. You’re an inspiration!

Post # 18
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Double post. Oops.

Post # 19
13095 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Go Nona!

I know the feeling.  DH and I have both put on a decent bit of weight since college (and even since getting married) and we’ve been working together since February to lose it and get back to the couple we were before instead of the heavier versions of ourselves.

Post # 20
3246 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Nona99:  Good for you!!!! I kind of feel that same way about myself right now. Yucky! I am also starting on a serious diet and new workout routine because I just can’t stand how I look right now. 

You can do this! 🙂

Post # 22
13095 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Nona99:  I love rowing machines!  I totally wish we owned one that I could have available in the basement!

Post # 24
10016 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Nona99:  You know how I feel about all that … honored.  🙂  You’re a special person.  Lots of love right back at ya!

Post # 25
2742 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

@Nona99:  You go girl! I had that construction phase, and it never really ends you’ll always have something to tighten up or refinish but you can do this.

Post # 27
2742 posts
Sugar bee

@Nona99:  Swimming is your friend too. Nothing built my upper body like swimming.

Post # 29
1889 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You can do it, Nona!!

I know people like to dismiss that whole “mind over matter” thing, but I find that when I’m stressed/upset/bored and I tell myself over and over again, “Working out will make you feel better,” I start to believe myself.  I really hate working out with a passion, and I don’t get that “runner’s high” or whatever people claim to get, but I know that if I focus my energy on pushing myself physically, I won’t have as much energy to expend dwelling on the bad stuff.  It’s sort of self medicating, but in a healthy way!

Post # 30
2742 posts
Sugar bee

@Nona99:  I’m arthritic but I dont listen to the rheumatologist the best. I do a lot of running which I saw you and your doctor feel is a no no. Have you considered cycling? Spin classes with a good instructor will burn calories and really build muscle. If you like that consider investing ina  good bike in the fall they will go onsale then. A good bike can cost a lot, and if you have issues I 100% reccomend investing in carbonfiber for your frame which means you’ll be out atleast 2000 for a bike. I’m planning on replacing the 3k model in the garage next fall (14) with one that is about $6500 as my present to myself for finishing my bachelors degree. I’m actually hoping to source one of this year’s models at that time from a liquidator if I can find one I should be able to swing a deal for 4000 for the bike since they’ll be getting the 14’s in at that point to liquidate.Husband wants me to start transitioning back to the bike anyway after I complete the marathon this year. He knows I’d like to try a boston qualifier, and or a full iron triathlon but he’s very worried with the knee swelling I’ve been getting the last 6 months and wants me on a more comfortable bike.

Lunges and squats are good for the booty. If you want a long and lean look pilates and or yoga are great as well. Swimming works the whole body. You can also consider deep water running if you have a pool that is deep enough to suspend you with a water running belt, I did this when I broke my leg.

The topic ‘Under Construction for 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors