(Closed) Under Construction for 2014

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 32
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Blue Horse Farm

Good luck!  I too know how hard it is to once have a killer body and let it go 🙂  Although I in no way went through all that you went through – you are amazingly strong to be able to be where you are!

I’m in the same boat as you, just starting to try and eat better and get back in shape!  It’s hard because all of the food I love is bad for me!  I’m the opposite though in that my upper body is weak but my lower body is super strong.

I’m sure you will do an amazing job and be right back to turning heads!

Post # 33
155 posts
Blushing bee

@Nona99:  We all love you here, and you have tons of support from us!! You can do this!

In many ways, your struggles have reminded me of mine and Mr. Lovemoores (the CO connection, two older step-children who have issues, finances and the economy, etc.). I love reading your posts….they remind me that I’m not alone and I’m still amazing. I started working out again about 3 months ago. Getting the body back, and now need to kick the crappy smoking habit that I started.

Love you, lady.

Post # 34
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

You and me both. I hit that point where my metabolism slowed down and my eating habits caught up with me. My goal is to be better by the wedding and then bangin’ by December (because I’m hoping we can take our honeymoon then). 

I feel you about the knees issue. I have bad knees–always have. I try not to stress them too much, but I NEED to do lower body exercises, and most of those stress my knees. BLEH.

Post # 35
2966 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Nona99:  You can totally do it! Are you kidding? If you can mend an almost broken marriage and come back stronger than ever – you can absolutely shed a few layers of culinary skills off your body. You got this, lady. 

Post # 36
2742 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

@Nona99:  Here is the bike I’m considering for the upgrade:

This one is a more relaxed design which is why I’m leaning towards this, its also a super light with how small I am this is ideal for me. My current bike has a more agressive design and I will transition it into a triathlon bike. This bike is lighter and has better components than my current one, but I will be upgrading the wheels upon purchase to a pair with more aero rims:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/avail.advanced.sl.0/11524/55895/

If you get a bike note this is top of the line. You do not need a $7000 bike to start :D. I’m just a weight weenie and component nut.

Post # 38
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Nona99:  Congrats! Good for you 🙂  I’m glad to hear Mr. 99 is on board. It would be so much harder if he weren’t.

I went through a similar thing with my fella, though he is actually trying to GAIN weight (growr), but definitely wants to eat healthily with me.  We staged a massive raid on the freezer/fridge/pantry, and removed anything suspicious from the premises.

We’ve been working out 4-6 days a week (separately), and we’re taking ballroom dance classes together.

I track calories and exercise on MyFitnessPal – there’s a great supportive group of Bees on there!  Skinnytaste recipes are my new best friend.

OM NOM NOM

Good luck!

Post # 39
2564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

You can totally do it, girl!  I am not going to hit my goal look by December but my view is, I’m going to do the opposite of his ex – she was average sized when they got together and by the end had gotten quite large.  I was average/athletic when we got together, I’ve lost 15 lbs and toned up some since and plan to be rockin’ my trophy wife (as he half jokingly calls me…lol) for the rest of my life!

Post # 41
9134 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Good luck Nona!  It should be easier if you two can stick to the plan together.  We cut out sugar as much as possible plus we only buy fresh or frozen fruits and veggies (nothing canned and nothing frozen with sauce.)  We also cut out red meat except for the occasional hamburger out.  We replaced ground beef with ground turkey.  And most of our protein is made up of chicken breasts, fish (tilapia or mahi mahi), and lean pork chops.  We also only buy whole grains (100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc…) and try to limit carbs to one to two measured servings per day.

This week we decided with only 4 months left until the wedding that we are going vegetarian for one meal per day.  We figured out that we are eating way to much protein and while we are measuring out the carbs, we’re not adding in extra fruits and veggies.  Plus, we want our meals in the evening to be light so it discourages us from drinking alcohol during the week which is one of our bad habits.  That one glass of wine per night became a bottle split between us on most nights and the extra calories and sugar are wrecking our other efforts.

I am also adding in the 30 Day Shred which I have previously done with success.  You can do it and there are a bunch of us out here trying lose as well.

Post # 42
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Nona99:  How is your “construction” going so far? Curious minds want to know 🙂

Post # 44
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Nona99:  I wouldn’t have been able to stick with it given everything you’re going through. I am definitely a comfort eater and when things go south, I like milkshakes and fries. Kudos to you for sticking with it even through the rough times.

The topic ‘Under Construction for 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors