(Closed) Undergarments and slip…think they will work?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should I wear under my dress?
    Slip 1 w/ Longline Bra : (1 votes)
    17 %
    Slip 1 w/ another form of shapewear : (4 votes)
    67 %
    Slip 2 w/ Longline Bra : (0 votes)
    Slip 2 w/ another form of shapewear : (1 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    8695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

    I voted for slip one with another type of shapewear. I dont think a longline bra pulls you in enough in the area where you need it. I also have my tummy in that area so I refused to buy a fitted dress for that reason. I think you need either an all in one (uncomfortable, I know) type of undergarment or one of the types that are very tight and go all the way to your chest so that it does the best work in the lower tummy area. I’m typing from my phone so sorry if this wasnt clear.

    Post # 4
    123 posts
    Blushing bee

    I agree with PP. And an all-in-one type of undergarment will be less likely to give you weird lines. The more pieces you have, the more obvious it will be.

    And randomly, don’t you love that shapewear models are always people that do NOT need shapewear? Amusing.


    Post # 5
    666 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

    I had a longline bra somewhat similar to the one in the photo, and it did weird things to me under my dress – kind of bumped out in odd places.  I ended up switching to a non-long line.  This really surprised me, because I was sure the long line would be better.


    Post # 6
    1157 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

    @mrschmura:  I am not much help here.  But please keep us posted on what you find that works best.

    I will be shopping for these items soon, and have no clue what to buy or where to buy them.

    I love your dress.  Pretty!

    The topic ‘Undergarments and slip…think they will work?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors