Post # 1
I really want to give my bridesmaids something special and unique yet affordable. I have 8 bridesmaids.
I was thinking of personalized tea sets that contain a custom tea cup, a heart shaped tea strainer, and a bag of fancy loose leaf tea. I could do similar kits for wine and coffee drinkers. I just worry this is not enough. <br /><br />Please help me with your ideas! :)<br /><br />-Sarah
Post # 2
sarahmazing89: If, by personalized, you mean having their name or initials on it, then it’s a no for me. Otherwise, I would add a book chosen for each woman individually.
Post # 3
- Wedding: March 2015 - On a Cliff Overlooking the Bay, Florida
sarahmazing89: Here is what I am getting for my girls:
- Coach Cosmetic Bag (On clearance form outlet $25) I’m going to put lotion and lip gloss and nail polish inside specific to each girl.
- Diamond Candle (I got a coupon buy 3 get one free and the candle I chose was on sale so I actually for 4 and one free)
- Bracelet and earring for the wedding
- Personal piece of jewelry to their likes (not for ceremony)
- Personalized Tervis cup with their name and something personal to them (not one that says bridesmaid or anything) (I have a Sihouette and got the cups on amazon pretty cheap)
- Beach cover-up with their initial for getting ready I got them on amazon for $6 each at the end of summer! (Plus we live in a beach town so it won’t go unused!)
- Monogram Hanger (done with my Sihouette) We are in the south and love Monograms! It will not say bridesmaid so they can use them again
- A beach bag with their name on it and everything listed above inside
Post # 4
PI have 7 bridesmaids and just ordered some custom made compact mirrors from etsy. This is the stock photo but the ones I’ve ordered are very similar with added antique lace in the background.
Post # 5
Maybe it’s just me, but I am not about to head to pre-school, I don’t need everything labeled with my name. I am much more inclined to use something if it is my style, not just because it has my name on it. And honestly, I hope and wish my friends whose weddings I am in would just help pay for my dress and hair/make-up instead of buying me a gift. I am all for bridal party gifts being for the wedding, that way I have to pay less for it!
Post # 6
sarahmazing89: If personalized means putting their name on it–I vote no. I absolutely, positively HATE receiving anything with my name on it. I know my own name, thank you very much, but now so does everyone else I’ve walked by today with my tote, etc. I’ve been given so many totes with my name on it I could cry. I use them for craft storage in the house now. Also, never, ever put your wedding date on anything. I don’t need to be reminded of when I was a bridesmaid or whose bridesmaid I was.
As a bridesmaid, this is what I like:
- Pay for hair, makeup, nails, part of dress, etc. DO NOT JUST PURCHASE THE JEWELRY FOR THE WEDDING AND CALL IT A DAY. If You covered hair and makeup, your bridesmaids would probably feel incredibly grateful. Then you could get them each a little something and be all set.
- Treat each gift like it’s the girl’s birthday. There seems to be this overwhelming pressure that you must purchase identical, tradiitonal bridesmaids gifts (totes, tshirts, flipflops, makeup kits, tumbler cups, etc.) that all say “bridesmaid” and the date or their name or your and your FI’s name and your wedding date. Just purchase for each girl like it’s their birthday. Select things they will each like, not just what you can get x amount of.
I’m sure I sound crazy and angry, but I have been a bridesmaid so many times that I’ve received all types of gifts: good, bad, and ugly. Your tea sets sound great…if your bridesmaid is a big tea drinker. Otherwise, not so much.
Post # 7
I got each bridesmaid something different. I also paid for hair and makeup, not dresses and shoes though.
My sister got a Creed CD (inside joke, she hates creed), skeleton key necklace, and a flask (not personalized, but with a cartoon on it I thought she’d like)
K is a writer and artist, I got her an expensive fountain pen with good reviews (I know nothing about fountain pens) and a hand made journal
B loves hello kitty and coffee – I got her a hello kitty silver compact mirror, a hello kitty coffee cup, and some local coffee
J is a Queen fanatic – I got her a poster of queen and an autobiography of Freddy Mercury
I also wrote them all thank you cards. Glossing over the wedding. I thanked them for being my friends since before DH and I met and how each one of them helped me get to where I am today.
Post # 8
I got my gals similar but different things.
My sister (MOH) got nesting pouches from Better Life Bags. Inside will be a necklace and earrings to wear that day, along with some small items.
My FSIL (BM) got a Coach wristlet, and will have the same necklace and earrings, along with some small items.
However, for the small items, I am planning on getting them different things based on their tastes and interest. That way, it’s more personalized. I didn’t get them the same bags, as my sister has a TON of Coach things, whereas I know FSIL would really like a wristlet.
Post # 9
I’ve given up on affordable and am just embracing spoiling my girls and giving them what I really want to give them.
So far, I’ve ordered them robes from Plum Pretty Sugar, which I’ll be giving them as Christmas gifts. For bridesmaid gifts on the actual wedding day, I’m paying for makeup and I’ve gotten them white j.crew cardigans in case it gets chilly, and plan on getting them each silver jack rogers sandals to wear, and I want to order these tumblers and hangers off etsy:
Post # 10
- Wedding: October 2015 - Coastal Maine inn
I love to knit, so I’m knitting each of my girls a really delicate ivory wrap – my wedding is in October and my ceremony is outside, so they’ll definitely want something in case it gets chilly! Below is a picture of the pattern – they’ll be done in ivory to go with the grey bridesmaids dresses. I really love that I can do something handmade for them, it seems a special, meaningful gift. Hopefully they like them and wear them for years to come!
Post # 11
- Wedding: May 2015 - On a yacht!
afineskyline: Dang girl, Can i be a bridesmaid? 🙂
Post # 12
I agree with pp- just pay for my dress, hair, make up and shoes. It is a sweet gesture to buy your bridesmaids gifts, but I have been a bridesmaid over 10 times in my life and not having to pay for any of the above wedding related items would be much more appreciated than a physical gift.
BowTiedKangaroo: those wraps are beautiful! I wish I was as talented at knitting as you! Hope your bridesmaids love them!
Post # 14
HeLovesMexo: awww haha I have a tendency to go overboard
Post # 15
sarahmazing89: I love tea! And coffee! And wine! So I love your gift suggestions. 🙂
Obviously, you know your BMs better than strangers on the bee will, so if you think that they will like and use the tea sets (or coffee/wine), then I think it’s perfect. If your girls aren’t exactly the type to be enthused by any of the aforementioned beverages, you may need to go back to the drawing board.