- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2016
Hey there Bees,
I created an account just so I could post this, because I did a lot of research, trying to find ideas for bridal party gifts that weren’t just the usual thing. My fiancee and I had a lot of trouble finding ideas we liked (him especially), but eventually settled on some things that we love, and hopefully the BMs/GMs will too! So I thought I would share our list of items for anyone else who is struggling with this and would like some more suggestions.
For the bridesmaids:
- Cute enamel pin (there are lots of these on Etsy and elsewhere, so you can pick something that really speaks to you or something personal for each BM)
Nail polish tied to an emory board (I chose Essie’s Penny Talk because it’s rose gold and so are our rings)
- Albanese gummy bears (THE BEST gummy bears around and our fav candy. A little bag of candy or some small treat is great, but we wanted more interesting than chocolates or mints)
- Mini bottle of wine (Barefoot sells sets of 4)
- hair tie bracelet (Etsy)
- getting-ready robe (Amazon)
- handmade hair clips (I made little rosettes that match my color scheme and glued them to bobby pins)
- Tote bag (I chose one with an ampersand design on it. Also found on Etsy. There are lots for sale that are wedding themed but I thought that was lame. Give them something they’ll want to use over and over)
For the groomsmen:
- Tie & pocket square (which they are wearing to the wedding)
- Beer bomber (This is a 22 oz bottle of beer. Kind of the beer equivalent to a bottle of wine)
- Albanese gummy bears
- Small comic book (My fiancee is an indie comic publisher, and also a collector of comics. He found a book that he thinks all the Groomsmen will like)
- Trading card pack (Just something goofy and fun to stick in there. You can personalize each pack to your GM! Look for vintage ones, like garbage pail kids, movie-themed, or sports-related ones)
We tried to spend about the same amount of money on gifts for each Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen, which came out to about $60 per person.
Even if you aren’t inspired by these ideas, my advice is to think about the people you chose to be in your bridal party and try to find gifts they’ll really appreciate and would like to have. We both got really discouraged looking at all the blog posts with groomsmen gift ideas, and time after time it’s “monogrammed beer glass, monogrammed flask, shaving kit, monogrammed bottle opener, personalized bobble head, cuff links, something shaped like a bullet, blah blah blah” and that might be fine for some guys. But we know our groomsmen, and that stuff didn’t seem to cut it.
So that’s my $0.02, but I’d love to hear from the rest of you! Did you get some really interesting and different gifts for your bridal party? Do tell!