(Closed) Up to 130 pounds….

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

The scale is the devil! Especially when we are working on toning and muscle. I typically go by my clothes and how they fit along with how I look in general. After all I’ve been through I’m very in tune with my body and know if I have gained or lost a couple pounds.

The only way I knew how much weight I lost during my intense weight loss period was through doctor visits. Otherwise our scale is away in a cupboard.

Post # 5
4049 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Muscle weighs more than fat, so you can gain muscle, lose fat, be lookin’ hot, and weight more!

My suggestion for tracking your progress would be to track your inches, and/or take pictures of yourself.

But yeah, I agree it’s annoying when we’re so focused on weight and it doesn’t come off, or we even gain, even though we’re looking and feeling like a million bucks.

Post # 6
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@yogaqueen:  If you are feeling better and looking better that’s all that matters!!!! I would kick puppies to weigh 130!

Post # 8
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Ahh I battle with this all the time. You know you look and feel healthier but that damn scale tells you otherwise!

I have been going to the gym, eating clean and doing really well but the scale has not moved! I do have a lil 4 pack happening now though so I know I’m looking better πŸ™‚ Go by NSV’s (non scale victories) and you will be fine πŸ™‚

Post # 10
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@yogaqueen:  awesome! I can’t jog to save my life!

Post # 12
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@bowsergirl:  muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat – a pound of muscle is the same weight as one pound of fat. But I understand what you meant – muscle is more dense and takes up less room than fat. Therefore you get smaller (measurement wise) when you add muscle but subsequently lose fat. So if you gain a pound of muscle and lose a pount of fat – your weight stays the same.

@yogaqueen:  Keep doing what you are doing! You’re going to get leaner and your muscles will start to show more (what women like to call “toning”). Ignore your scale – it measures gravity – not health/confidence/beauty. 

Post # 13
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I’ve stopped paying TOO much attention to the scale because I know that now I’ve started weightlifting it is going to fluctuate and I will probably gain after a while due to the muscle mass increase. So I’m not fussed. You probably look and feel great and I bet you are looking mega toned as well! Measure the inches now, they’re what will matter, that’s what I’ve been doing 

Post # 14
1423 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Chuck your scale out!  I have no idea what I weigh and  I don’t care.  I go by how my butt looks in a bikini.   I started working out to get my floppy butt to fit into my bottoms properly.  Now it does.  Mission accomplished.

Seriously, though.  As long as you look and feel good  that’s all that matters.  It’s a far healthier attitude to have toward your body. 

Post # 16
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Totally agree. Weight-training and the scale do not mix. Measuring and pictures are the way to go! I cried the first time I saw my before picture, but now it totally motivates me to workout and keep going. The scale rarely has that effect on me!

The topic ‘Up to 130 pounds….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors