(Closed) UPDATE Bees who know makeup – I need your help!!! ($500 Sephora vs $80 Target)

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 35
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

hmmm for $500 i get a make up artist that does my make up plus my hair plus my mom’s hair and make up too..

so i would say neither..

Post # 36
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I think you did a beautiful job with the target makeup! That said, I think the foundation shade is just a tad too dark/orange. That’s the hardest thing for me, finding the right shade of foundation! Even if you wind up buying the Sephora foundation and using drugstore products for the rest, I think you’ll look gorgeous and save some serious money! 

I would also leave it on for 10 + hours and see if it holds up as well as the Sephora products did. 

Great job, though! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 37
2093 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Gosh, people!!! She’s wanting to do the make-up herself! Why does this matter? She’s trying to get help on that…if you can’t help, there are plenty of other threads on here. 

View original reply
@JenGirl  with any make-up you have to wear a lot to show up in pics. I really think you are doing great so far. Just keep at it. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 38
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@JenGirl  Id go heavier on the blush but not much, less bottom eyeliner its too dark and harsh, try smudging it.  or using a brown eyeshadow with primer of course the mascara the bottom lashes.  Also, brown pencil/powder whatever you use is used to yes make your eye brows darker but also to shape them so I recommed getting your brows threaded or waxed so you have an arch. 

Post # 40
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@cmbr  What is “finishing spray?” Sounds like glue ๐Ÿ˜€ I know nothing about make-up.

Post # 41
2093 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@MrsPanda99  It sets your make-up so it stays even through out the day or event. 

Post # 42
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@Coral99  Oh, well perhaps I need some.

Post # 43
5 posts
Newbee

have it professionally applied

Post # 44
2529 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

OP, going to be honest – I think your DIY makeup look is OK but can use some work.

I am doing my own wedding makeup, too; so I totally feel you here! It’s not easy (but man do some people make it look easy)

I bought an eyeshadow palette from Sephora called Naked, and it’s the most pigmented eyeshadow I’ve owned. It came with a bottle of eyeshadow primer, which is a HUGE help because my eyeshadow drifts if I sweat too much.

I bought a foundation online, it’s a koren product called BB cream which adjusts to your skintone. I don’t care for the one I bought (too grey) but really like the way it sits on my face.

I have a heart-shaped face with some angular features, so I’ve been trying to learn how to contour. I use a contouring pallete I bought on Amazon and it works pretty well.

Oh! Also I bought a set of good brushes on Amazon, and they really do make a difference! I was surprised at how much better my makeup looked after using them.

If you want to know what products/brands I use, let me know! I’m at work right now and can’t go searching through shopping sites. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think you need to start shaping your eyebrows now, so you know the shape before the wedding. They’re a little too round/low for your face – they need a bit of an arch! I am not sure how/if you lined them, but I think you should be using it to define them, not just fill them in.

And my last tip is start watching some youtube makeup videos. I have one that I really like (can’t access youtube, either) so I’ll come back and post that one.

View original reply
@MrsPanda99  The good news is that setting spray is basically glycerin and water, so it’s not like spraying hairspray into your eyes. (because I used to think that’s how they did it, ouch)

Post # 46
1648 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

I would use a professional makeup artist – the pictures will last forever.  I am pretty good w/makeup and still using a MUA for the big day.  A MUA will be much less than $500 and you don’t want to stress about it when you’re getting ready.  I don’t want you to settle for an OK makeup job that you did, I want you to be thrilled w/flawless makeup and look perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘UPDATE Bees who know makeup – I need your help!!! ($500 Sephora vs $80 Target)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors