(Closed) UPDATE Bees who know makeup – I need your help!!! ($500 Sephora vs $80 Target)

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 62
1310 posts
Bumble bee

Ooh!  No no, highlighter and concealer don’t go in the same areas!  Concealer’s for covering pimples, scars, eye bags, discolouration, etc.  Highlighter goes on the “high points” of your face (mostly on the highest part of the cheekbones, but also if you want, it can go on brow bones, above the outer edges of the eyebrows, a teensy bit down the nose if you want to make it more prominent, and a tiny bit on your cupid’s bow to make your lips look fuller). Hope that helps! 🙂

Post # 63
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I love it!!! You look so much cleaner and glowing with the target makeup!!!! You even look brighter and smiling more!!! Awesome job!!!!!

Post # 64
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
@ChicFoodist:  I agree! Some MUA’s are horrible about being clean and sanitizing everything properly!!! Your makeup comes out much better when using clean brushes and products! I love BEAUTY SO CLEAN spray for your makeup!!!

Post # 66
865 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Hi! I did makeup for all of my friends’ bridesmaids for her wedding, and if you don’t mind me flattering myself, I think it turned out pretty darn good! They all said they recieved lots of compliments. So I definitely think you can do your own makeup for your wedding day! I’d recommend practicing a ton and also wearing your makeup all day long for a week or two (total, not all in a row if you don’t want) to make sure it doesn’t wear off in patches or fade. 

As for your makeup application, I think you should practice with the eyeliner! It looks a bit heavy on the under eye; taper the line when you get to the 2/3 point towards the inside of the eye, and the line doesn’t need to be as thick as it is for the rest of the lashline. Make sure that where the top and bottom eyeliner meets is pulled out just a tad so you don’t get a weird shape in the corner or, worse, a gap where there is no eyeliner. You can use a small “pencil” brush to smudge the eyeliner a bit to create a softer line everywhere (this will look a touch more natural and help to hide any imperfections in application) and then use the same brush in the corner to pull the product up from the bottom line to meet the top line and soften that transition. 

My only other critique is that the foundation looks to be a bit orange-red toned for your skin. This could be as simple a fix as using a lighter hand with bronzer, or going down a shade in your foundation. Sometimes foundation oxidizes and turns a bit more orange as it is exposed to air in the hour or two after you apply it, so look at your makeup right when you apply it and a few times throughout the day to figure out if this is happening. 

Finally, make sure none of your makeup has any SPF in it; that will reflect white in flash photography!  

Good luck, and I think you are off to an incredibly strong start; a little more practice and nobody will be able to tell the difference between your application and the professional application! Can’t wait to see how it turns out on your wedding day. 

Post # 67
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m a MAC junkie personally, but some stuff isn’t worth it. I like drug store eye lashes, also I used to buy MAC primer or smash box  but after watching some YouTube videos I use an anti chaffing cream from the drugstore for primer, I wanna say its made by Monistat and in the tampon aisle and it is fabulous. Over all your recreated look is good except the foundation color. As some of the other ladies have said though the big difference in high end and drug store is the staying power. But if you don’t mine touching up during the wedding, I’d run with the target haul 🙂 

The topic ‘UPDATE Bees who know makeup – I need your help!!! ($500 Sephora vs $80 Target)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors