(Closed) Update to Pregnant, Emotional and Need Advice

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Such a tough place you’re in 🙁

Sounds like perhaps the best recourse is to see what happens/if he actually shows up. If he does and takes the kids, alert CPS in the area where he lives and be clear that the family is willing to provide safe care and housing for both children. Make sure they have your contact information, see if there’s anything you can do to pre-qualify as the emergency care provider if they yank the kids vs. them going to a group home or random foster home in a crisis.

That process doesn’t move fast most of the time, but if CPS is made aware of potentially dangerous living situations for children, they can at least assign a caseworker. If things are not safe for the kids in his care, they can start proceedings to get the kids out and that would help, hopefully, in any court proceedings you begin.

Try to remember that, even though this is really hard right now on the kids and the rest of the family (and you will see negative behavior from the kids as a result of the trauma) that long term a loving, stable, and safe environment will go so far to correct any trauma experienced now.

Post # 5
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Sorry to hear this!  I hope for all of you the court pushes things through fast so everyone can move on and/or get the help they need.  Will be thinking about you!

Post # 6
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m sorry you’re having such a tough time with this.  Is there anyway you could get him to meet  with a therapist or family counselor with you?  Let him know you really want whats best for his daughter- a safe home where she isn’t bounced around between relatives.  I hope he calms down and you are all able to work something out. 

Post # 7
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m with the other ladies.  Call CPS and fill them in on the situation.  Let them know about the diagnosis.  You MUST tell them that you fear for your niece’s life.  People with PTSD will SNAP and you do not want a small child around when that happens.

What a low life for all of a sudden wanting his children back for financial gain.  I would mention that to CPS as well.  If you’ve had them for 6 months, file the claim with the IRS.  HE CAN’T REFUTE IT if you have proof that she’s been living with you.  I’d honestly tell them he is trying to file a fradulent claim and submit your evidence with your taxes.

What’s going on with his son?  Is he taking him back too?

The topic ‘Update to Pregnant, Emotional and Need Advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors