(Closed) Upgrade???

posted 9 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Should I upgrade?

    Go for it!

    Wait until a special Anniversary.

    You don't really need it.

  • Post # 3
    21 posts
    • Wedding: October 2012

      I think it looks great, but wouldn’t it hurt your husbands feelings?

    Post # 4
    4913 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

    You’re going to have to circle the flaws for me because I honestly do not see them.  I also think that the cut of the diamond is where the sparkle lies.  I have an ideal cut center stone and the sparkle is out of control.  I also clean it 1-2x a week and it always sparkles more when it’s been cleaned.  I have a VS1-2 stone and there’s a visible inclusion that drives my Fiance crazy right in the middle.  You can’t see it until someone points it out and it doesn’t show up in pix, so I can’t show it to you, but I think you can have visible inclusions in an SI, also.  My point is – perhaps clean your ring first before you make any decisions and second, make sure you upgrade the cut if you think your ring doesn’t sparkle enough. 

    Post # 5
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 1997

    The ring looks good to me too, but if you’ve got the money, then change it!  I’m not sentimental about diamonds either; I changed out my center stone for Christmas and am very happy I did.

    Post # 6
    30 posts
    • Wedding: November 2008

    Have you talked it over with your husband?  Is it going to hurt his feelings if you do this?  Or are you planning on doing this quietly and hoping he won’t notice?

    Post # 7
    690 posts
    Busy bee

    @clairykoo:  I can respect your feeling and can say if it bothers you to that extent then go for it…..you have to be happy ….  On the flip side and this is just an opinion for me is that some lesser clarity stones can as elegant n classy…

    I have an I1 and she has a visible flaw but to me it’s a beautiful spect that makes her unique.. I’m not perfect ..my stones not perfect so we are a perfect match.  On the other hand I will be upgrading to a 2ct  next month . Not because of anything other than my desire to do this. The next  diamond upgrade will have lil things I will grow to love too…. Let your choice be about what SO n you want… I think your ring is beautiful. A larger rock will for sure be just as stunning…. 

    Here is my 1.75 ct with flaws n all but she is still beautiful 



    Post # 8
    2203 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

    100% go for it, if you want an upgrade and you have the $$ go for it!

    Post # 9
    3154 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

    Sure go for it! If your hubby is ok with it and you’ve got the bucks, why the heck not??!!

    Post # 10
    4394 posts
    Honey bee

    Where is your diamond from? Is there an upgrade policy? And can you get a diamond that’s either GIA or AGS certified rather than EGL? None of us will be able to see the inclusions in a photo like that in low lighting, but if they bother you and you can get a better one and both you and your Fiance are ok with it, go for it. But I wouldn’t get anything EGL certified because their grading isn’t reliable. 

    The topic ‘Upgrade???’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors