(Closed) upgrading my ering…. $170,000??

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1871 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@eloping: Haha! I thought it was totally fun to trying on bling that I’d never be able to afford in a million years. (Probably not exactly fun for the jeweler, but hey, how often do you go ring shopping?)

Post # 4
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

Good for you! I know it’s easy to be enchanted by huge bling, but there really is such a thing as “too much.”

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

lol, sorry I had to laugh.

I could never justify a ring that costs that much. There are so many other things that I could put that kind of money toward.

Post # 6
1124 posts
Bumble bee

I wish you had a picture too! I’d like to see what a ring more expensive than my house looks like on a finger.

Post # 7
3316 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

The engagement ring I had for my first marriage was 2.75 carets.  And I still have nightmares that I am somewhere that has a bunch of shady characters hanging around, and I’m trying to hide that e-ring from them.  I just can’t imagine wearing a 5 caret ring, unless I had a phalanx of bodyguards around me at all times!

Post # 8
1325 posts
Bumble bee

😀 

Too funny! I think you should have looked him in the eye and said “Oh honey….it’s perfect.” and then sighed wistfully…or whatever would have been believable. See if he would pass out then! lol

Post # 9
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Funny that you posted this, I think my FH may have had the same look last night. 

We were going to dinner right next door to the jeweler that is making my ring and we stopped by to look again at the ceramic mock up and look at a few stones.  I told the jeweler what I was looking for in a stone and he brought out this monstrosity that was 5x larger than what I had told him.  He thought he would show me what what crown option that we would need in order to upgrade later.  Um, yah, NO!  I have tiny hands and I think it was bigger than my knuckle.  I really thought FH was going to faint, even his son was laughing at him.  I am not sentimental about alot of things, but the ring that he made me and the surround that we had designed I am very sentimental about and will never change or upgrade.  I will not turn down a matching necklace, however 😉

Post # 10
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow! I think if I saw that ring, I would have to tell myself not to try it on.  I know I would never ever be able to afford it though because there are other things we want to buy. Or maybe try it on and only do it as a joke.

I bet ‘upgrade’ is one of the magic words jewelers (sp?) loves to hear.   They probably have that ring just for when they hear that word.

Post # 11
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

5ct is just way too huge, imo lol. I think the biggest I would wear is 3ct, but I am happy with my 1.5ct lol. I’d also never pay 170k. It’d be fun to try on though!

The topic ‘upgrading my ering…. $170,000??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors