(Closed) Using Real & Silk?

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Your coworker is tacky! Who calls someone else cheap to their face?

Our venue had lots of silk flowers and I completely ignored them. Didn’t even notice them. Actually, we all had silk flowers in our bouquets/bouts and the tables had real petals. I had a few people compliment me on my bouquet and then go “omg they’re not real!” when they got super close. And who cares if they can tell they aren’t real? Like, really…

Post # 4
803 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

personaly, i can tell silks a mile away.  good silks are nearly always more expensive than real flowers (unless theyre from the MIchaels dollar bins, but those arent really “wedding” style flwoers anyhow). 

a common thought if you do them in silk is that you can keep them after the wedding, but honestly, what are you going to do with 15 centerpieces?

i would prefer to go with all real if you can.

Post # 5
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My bouquet is mostly real flowers, but I’ll have a few white grape hyacinths because it’s the translation of my grandmother’s name. Due to the fact that they’re out of season I am requesting silk hyacinths. My florist informed me that she often does these things and it doesn’t look at all odd.

Post # 6
1336 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’m doing real, I was afraid of mixing and it being noticeable and having to look for realistic silk flowers sounds like a pain in the butt and would probably cost the same.  I will be doing small tiny blossoms that are fake though on a manzanita tree, other than that all real. 

Btw @AzinAugust great idea to incorporate flowers that you want that are out season, I think you can definitely pull it off once it is mixed in a bouquet. 

The topic ‘Using Real & Silk?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors