(Closed) VA brides, I have an ABC question for you

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
13010 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I could be wrong, but I think VA requires that you have a bartender or someone licensed with ABC to serve alcohol. Does your caterer have a liquor license?  They could then serve your alcohol out of the dispensers behind the bar, and then the problem is gone.

Post # 4
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

You can ave them served on trays if you don’t want guests to go to a bar during cocktail hour. The bartenders can make large batches in advance that way. It looks lovelyif you are serving a signature drink or two!!!

Post # 6
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Not to threadjack, but VA’s liquor laws drive me a little crazy. lol

They just seem a little inconsistent versus when I was researching in PA and NJ.

The topic ‘VA brides, I have an ABC question for you’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors