- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
Can you believe it?! It’s already time to sign up for the Valentine’s Day Card Swap 2012!!! Get your glitter at the ready or hit your local Hallmark, it’s time to whisper some sweet nothings to your fellow Hive members!
If you’re new around the Hive, (welcome and congrats on your engagement!) we do these swaps a few times a year. Essentially you get three partners, they send you a card (and if you have amazing partners, sometimes recipes or sweets), you send your partners likewise. Easy peasy, puts a smile on your face because it’s mail that doesn’t come with a request for money at the end!
So here’s the deets sweets (I kill myself):
- 3 partners each
- Final sign up date is Monday, January 16, 2012
- Mail by date is Sunday, February 5th, 2012. Please keep in mind that if you have an international partner (ahem, Canadian in the house!) that you’ll need to allow extra time for postage/shipping.
- Please, if you sign up, DO send your partners their cards. There’s nothing more disappointing than waiting by your mailbox only to have it empty each day 🙁
- If you’re planning on sending baked goods or treats, please check in with your partners about allergies. Alternately, if you have allergies, please post them on the swap-bot swap page so your partner can still surprise you without killing you 😉
- Before you pop those puppies in the mail, please remember to send a photo to me by following the instructions at the end of this post so we can feature your gorgeous creations in the blog!
If you’re new to our swaps, follow these steps and you’re in!
1. Visit Swap-bot to create an account. Your name and address remains private and is only disclosed to your three partners. Promise. It’s a good idea to sign up with the same screen name as your WB name since a lot of our bees like to personalize the cards, and send thank you’s for the cards they received.
2. Now that you have an account, you can follow the link to the swap:
Please post on this thread and I will PM you the password.
3. You’ll see this as the main page for the swap (pretend it’s the current one though okay?):
Click “Join swap”.
4. You’ll be taken to this screen:
Click on the “Yes! Sign me up!”, and enter the password when prompted. Bingo bango, you’re all signed up!
5. At the end of the 16th, I’ll hit the big red “assign partners” button, and Swap-bot will email you with a notification. You’ll need to visit the swap page to see your partner assignments (it won’t be in the email). Come back to the swap page when you receive that email, on the right side of your page, you’ll see a button that says “See the partners you send to”, click that and you’ve got your people! Yay!!!
6. Now that you’ve got your partners, bust out your crafting supplies (or pocket change if you’re a non-craft type, we don’t discriminate around here) and get to work!
7. Before you pop those Valentine’s Day puppies in the mail, remember to send a photo of them by following these steps:
i. Rename your image: myhivename
ii. Send an email to the following address:
So for example, an example SUBJECT LINE will read: