VBAC Success stories?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My ex-sister-in-law had two C-sections followed by two natural births at home. She had tried for natural birth with all 4, first one she was too young to know any better and got bullied into a C-section by her doctor, the second time baby was showing signs of fetal distress after 48+ hours, so they went to the hospital where the doctor gave her another 12ish hours to try for natural birth before going ahead with the C-section, and the next two came at home after roughly 36 hrs with no complications. 

Post # 3
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

My sister had an extremely successful VBAC! She had her first baby by C-section a little over two years before the VBAC. She was nervous beforehand, but everything went extremely smoothly. She had to be induced because the baby was getting so big, but that didn’t cause any problems either. Good luck!!

Post # 4
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Commenting to follow.

I had a C-senction with my first and I’m considering a VBAC for the next baby.

Post # 5
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I had a VBAC. My son was breech and I had a planned c-section with him. Two and a half years later I had a successful VBAC with my daughter. My water broke at 38+6. Mild contractions started right away, but I was given a half dose of pitocin to help things along. I had no complications. I’d caution against attempting a VBAC at home to anyone because of the uterine rupture risk though. 

Post # 6
1823 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I had an unmedicated VBAC.  Labour started around 9pm on NYE, I wasn’t sure what real labour felt like as I was induced and had an emerg-c section with my first. His head got stuck on his way down and I stalled at 4cm and he was in distress.  But other than that I was a good candidate for a vbac, as per my OBGYN.

…So I stayed at the NYE party until after midnight, went home and laboured in the bath until 6am by myself as hubby celebrated NYE a little too hard and slept through the whole thing.  I woke him at 6am, dropped my toddler off a SIL’s, pulled into the hospital parking lot at 715 and baby was born at 7:38am on New Years Day.  I prayed the whole way to the hospital that he wouldn’t be born inthe car, lol.  The bath was so relaxing for me that I worked through labour easily and transitioned really fast.  In hindsight I should have gone to the hospital a lot earlier but I’m so happy that I was able to labour at home and have an unmedicated birth (I asked for an epi upon arrival but there was no time).  I really wanted to avoid induction and was so lucky everything progressed textbook like. 

It took 10 hours from start to finish so I would caution that 2nd and subsequent births really do go fast! Good luck!

Post # 7
6303 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I know plenty of people who have had a successful VBAC. One of my friends had a c-section, 8 years later had her second baby as VBAC. She actually went into labor around 34 weeks and was taken to a hospital about 2 hours away (we are in a small town with a small level 1 hospital). They kept her in for about 2 weeks and then she had a super easy VBAC. It was a blessing in disguise really because our local hospital will now allow a VBAC. 

I ended up having a c-section and I’m torn on what to do if we have another. In a perfect world I’d love to do a VBAC but I also remember how miserable my recovery was after laboring all day and then finally getting a c-section. It makes me nervous that I’d labor all day again and still need a c-section. Meanwhile my best friend had a repeate c-section a couple weeks before me and her recovery was a breeze (her 1st had a similar recovery to me). That being said I would definitely try to be a little more dedicated with being active and having a better mindset going into labor the second time around. 

Post # 9
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
snowflake1234 :  so I had a VBAC with my second. My first was footling breech. I didnt have the best experience. I had a very long labour, augmented with pitocin which was awful, and almost sent my midwives into a panic when baby didn’t come out after 2.5 hours of pushing. They almost called the OB team. Lol. Also, my recovery was a lot harder. However, I bonded easier and nursing was easier. So overall I was happy with it, but it certainly wasn’t as smooth as I wanted it to be. Ended up being almost 30 hours in total!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors