(Closed) VEIL WEARERS: When did you take it off?

posted 4 years ago in Accessories
  • poll: When did you/when will you take your veil off?
    Right after ceremony : (31 votes)
    49 %
    After first dance : (10 votes)
    16 %
    I kept it on all night! : (14 votes)
    22 %
    Other...Please explain. : (8 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 31
    603 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2016 - Athol Hall, Mosman

I originally wanted to wear the thing for the entire day but after getting caught like 50 – 1000 times while taking pics, I decided to get rid of it after the first course during the reception, lol.

Here’s me getting caught:

My veil got it’s revenge later on during our first dance when my tiara flipped backwards while my husband had dipped me. I’m pretty sure I lost an anchoring pin when I took it off, lol.

Save

Post # 32
    282 posts
    Helper bee

I kept it on alllll night – I REALLY loved it. I think it made me feel super, super “bridal” 😀 

Post # 33
    13649 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I wore mine the whole time. It was all about the hair. 

Post # 34
    2120 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
    VictorianChick:  I think if you’re planning on having a long ceremony and doing all your pictures after the cermony, it could be worth it. Or if you’re flush with cash, or if it’s just super important to you, hey, who am I to say what you should or shouldn’t do for your wedding. 

I wasn’t planning on wearing a veil at all, but when I put it on at the shop when I picked out my dress, it just felt like the look was…done. if that makes sense. I knew there was no way in hell I’d be spending $200 for a veil I’d wear maybe an hour (super short ceremony, only family pics after, didn’t wear my veil during first look and bridal party photos),so I ordered mine from jjshouse. I almost bought one from amazon – and to be honest, it pretty much looked exactly the same as the one at the bridal salon (scalloped hem and all) and after I steamed the tulle a little, it felt similar. 

Post # 35
    2622 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2017 - Hogarths, Solihull

View original reply
    stevielee:  I was told that you usually take it off after the first dance by the lady at the wedding shop. Mine is cathedral length so I’ll see how I feel but I love my veil and will wear it as long as possible 🙂

Post # 36
    6240 posts
    Bee Keeper

Wore it all day until after wedding breakfast and speeches and to welcome our evening guests then took it off for our first dance as it was super long and would have tripped me or my groom up.  Bloody loved it though! (Cue gratutious veil pics)

Post # 37
    407 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2016 - Beach

I took my veil off right before dinner. It kept pulling on my hair when I sat down or tried to dance in it.

The topic ‘VEIL WEARERS: When did you take it off?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors