(Closed) Vendor & Kid Pricing For Food?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

So for us our reception will be billed based on a food package that we pick. We have chosed a package that is a plated dinner with open bar included in the price. The per person amount for adults is $85 per person.

Children Meals for 5-12 years are $21.95, under 5 years, $5.95.  Our caterer also said that for guests ages 12-20 they would be served the adult meal, but we will be discounted the price of the bar package, but I have not asked that price yet. Just thought that this may be something that you will want to ask of your caterer!

Post # 4
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

That’s about what ours is, too.  Kid meals are $30, adult meals are $69 (vendor meals only $18).  The kid meals include fruit cups for them while the adults are eating salad, plus chicken tenders, mac & cheese and green beans for the main course.

Post # 5
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Our venue charged flat amounts for those meals.

Our per person cost was about $110, including a premium open bar, cocktail hour, appetizers and the entire meal.

Our vendor meal was a sandiwch, a side and a drink, and it was $20.

Our kid’s meal was a choice of mac & cheese, pasta or chicken fingers and included cocktail hour appetizers and soft drinks and it was $40 (which I thought was ridiculous, but whatever).

Post # 6
3331 posts
Sugar bee

We didn’t have children at our wedding, but the child meals on our menu were slightly less than the adult ones (I think our entrees were something like $30/person and the child’s meal was $20/child).  Our food and alchohol budgets were separated, so that’s different.  We paid full guest prices for our 3 vendor meals.  I never thought about asking for less, because they were eating the same meal and our two budgets were separated.  In fact, now that you mention it, they were included as guests in our liquor estimates as well.  I never really caught that!

Post # 7
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

Our vendors’ and kids’ prices are 50%. The bar package is included, but also covers the sodas and juices. If we’d added on the full bar (which we’re not), that cost would only have been added to the adults’ meals.

Post # 8
2634 posts
Sugar bee

If I remember right, we were told our kids meals were half off (vendor meals too). 

The topic ‘Vendor & Kid Pricing For Food?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors