(Closed) Vendor Bankrupt

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

You might want to talk to a lawyer about filing a claim in the bankruptcy for the money that you paid them. Are they closing the business, or are they doing a reorganization? A lawyer could tell you this if you don’t know by looking at the case they filed.

Post # 4
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Ohhh that sucks!  Hugs!  And good luck!

Post # 5
2634 posts
Sugar bee

OMG – I’m so sorry you are dealing with this!!!  Seriously, this is one of my biggest fears, esp. this day and age.   Did you have a contract with them?  If so, I’d try small claims court.  Sadly the thing about small claims is that YOU have figure out how to get your $$$$ from the defendant. 

I guess before you do ANYTHING you should try to call them and tell them you want your deposit back and see how that pans out.

Post # 6
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would call first and see if there is anyway they can return your deposit. If not, contact a lawyer so that you can put in a claim.

The topic ‘Vendor Bankrupt’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors