Post # 1
Here is a list of things that I really don’t need right now:
– Maid/Matron of Honor and best man broke up. Best man is close relative of Fiance, and family now hates Maid/Matron of Honor and assume she is not coming to the wedding. I don’t know whether Maid/Matron of Honor still wants to come to the wedding, having a hard time to get in touch with her. But the last thing I heard was that she didn’t want to be at our house, b/c Fiance is ‘part of his family’.
– All the people who constantly pin me down and tell me how it’s my day and I should do whatever I want and not listen to anybody. Then when I mention to the same people that I don’t want this or that for the wedding, they are completely appalled and say: But you HAVE to have that at your wedding! How could you not?!
– Fiance asking things that we already talked about, if not discussed in length: What shade of white is your dress? What color are the bridesmaids dresses?
– Stupid vendors who cold-call me b/c apparently David’s Bridal gave them my contact info and said: You want to rip someone off their money? Call her.
– We invited FI’s family to make a list of songs they want played at the wedding, as the DJ suggested (no requests taken on Wedding Day), and now it looks like they expect we’ll play Mob Hits vol. 1 – 389 at our wedding. Also, they looked at us like we were insane when we named the songs on our do-not-play list. “But it’s not a fun wedding if we can’t do the Electric Slide!”
OK, thanks for letting me vent. Feeling better already. No need to reply, unless you want to, of course.
Post # 3
I love the electric slide 🙂
Post # 4
So does my Future Mother-In-Law, haha! That’s fine, it’s just not what we want for our wedding. We almost gave in to the Electric slide (after all, it’s just one song, right?). But then the next thing we heard was “And what about the MACARENA?!” So back to no to the Electric Slide.
Post # 5
Oh, forgot one:
Fiance has a out-of-state friend in the wedding party who just separated from his wife. Fiance thinks his friend needs a rebound fling (fling is not the word he used, btw.). So friend visits, they go to a bar, and friend meets a girl Fiance somewhat knows, and friend is interested.
So when Fi tells me about it, he says all excited: And I have to make sure they’ll find each other on Facebook. Then maybe she’ll be his date at the wedding.
I’m sorry, what?! We already need to cut out distant relatives from our invite list, because it’s breaking the bank. And you want to invite the rebound f*** to witness our exchanging of vows?! I don’t think so!
Post # 6
My Maid/Matron of Honor got in a fight with me (yes, you read that right. She was feeling insecure and was pissed because I didn’t agree with something she’d done) and the last person she got in a fight with she didn’t speak to for weeks out of priciple. My wedding is in a month. I just sent her an email asking her to call me. I TOTALLY don’t need the stress.
Post # 7
@AprilJo2011: Ouch that vent list sucks. Especially the Maid/Matron of Honor and Best man combo. I hope she picks up her phone soon!
My main vent is the dreaded guest list. My mom (whom I love with my whole heart) wants to invite our old neighboor b/c “she was invited to your sister’s wedding” but they haven’t talked in awhile and she follows it up with “she probably won’t come but it’d be nice for her to have an invite.” This wouldn’t be a problem but we can’t fit a lot of people at our venue and I already have 20 people that “may not come but it’d be nice if they get an invite” … what if they all DO show up haha?!?!
Oh well, just gotta breath and remember my mantra: As long as I show up and he shows up then we’re in good shape.
Post # 8
My vent is that my Maid/Matron of Honor told me I was unappreciative and ungrateful of all that she had done and never even said thank you…..even though I had said it over the past year countless times!!!! We havent spoken in 10 days…
Post # 9
My vent: I am so mad at TomTom right now! I have a ton of tiny little projects to finish before this weekend, but instead I have now spent about two hours trying to use their online support (and am now on hold with their tech support call centre) because the Western Europe map I need for our honeymoon (we are driving the first week) REFUSES to download onto my GPS.
This is not how I needed to spend my day!!!!! I am so frustrated.
Post # 10
Wow, these are some serious vents…i hope things work out for all out of you….i just got this site a couple of weeks ago, but boy could i have used support back when i was choosing a resort for my wedding and my bridesmaid who asked me months after i got engaged if she could get married the same week at the same place (i didn’t think it through and thought it would be fun!!)….so yah, when i was deciding on a resort that my FI’s family could AFFORD, she decides its not good enough for her FI’s family and we almost got in a huge fight about and she almost booked her wedding somewhere else…luckily i won that one! i mean she is only having her wedding because i am having mine! (totally true, she has even told me this)