(Closed) Vent: My wedding is NOT a show ! & who said u were invited anyways?

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

You need to have a chat with her.  Tell her it’s immediate family only and you already have your guest list and there is no more room for anyone else.  People are so rude about things like this!  I mean, really?  How do you invite yourself (and others) to someone else’s wedding??  

Post # 4
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Just delete her comment, invite whom you chose, and ignore her for the time being.  I wouldn’t put anything else about the wedding on FB unless you restrict who can see it.  Sorry she is doing that to you, that really isn’t fair.  When the time comes for you to send out invites or if she asks again, just simply tell her the truth: that space is very limited and you are keeping the guest list very small and that you are terribly sorry that you cannot accomidate her or her family but that you would love to meet her for coffee when you are in town.  My bet, you don’t hear from her.  I know that it sucks, but a lot of brides on this site have had the same issues with having to draw the line and it is never fun.  You will find that you new favorite words are “No, I am sorry, we just can’t do that”.

Post # 4
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I can totally relate to people assuming your wedding is going to be a “show”. FI’s mother insists that we have a HUGE (open invite) wedding so that people have something to talk about to one another. She wants to invite people in their extended family who I have never meet and will most likely never see again.  Thats the way she is. Fiance and I are simple people who prefer to have a wedding with just our close friends and close family there. We are leaning towards going away to get married to keep it that way.

I would delete the post off your FB wall if thats where it is so that other people do not start assuming its going to be a huge thing and continue to invite themselves. My best advice is to be clear and firm from the beginning. Keep your wedding what you want and don’t have regrets about it.

Good Luck!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
439 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would delete her posts and restrict what she can see on your FB…like make it so she sees no wall. Hopefully like others said she won’t confront you when she doesn’t get an invite. And I would keep things about the wedding off facebook so other people don’t pass info along to people that aren’t invite.

Also, I’m totally curious about what band your Fiance is in now!

Post # 7
1938 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Ew… I agree with what the above people are saying, jut delete the comment and ignore her.

She sounds like she is trying to use your wedding and you to serve whatever goal she has for herself. She also sounds like she is only thinking of herself, which you don’t need. 

Just focus on what you want and your big day with your Fiance. Thats the only thing that matters! 

Post # 9
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

One of my colleagues said she said the phrase “it’s a very small, intimate wedding” over and over again while her son and daughter-in-law were planning their wedding.  Everyone expected a blow out and it just wasn’t the couple’s style.  Some of the older women never got it, but it eventually sunk in with most people.

BUT I just want to throw in that my favorite band reunited at a wedding…just sayin’. Laughing

The topic ‘Vent: My wedding is NOT a show ! & who said u were invited anyways?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors