(Closed) Vent!!123 lbs is not fat!!

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

At 5’2″ and 123 pounds you have a  bmi of 22 which is right in the middle of the normal range.  Anyone who calls that fat is crazy!

Post # 4
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mistyeyes: I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!! Sorry, it makes me mad lol.  I used to be like 5’4″ and about 117 lbs.  I never ate.  Now, I’m about 5’5″ and 135-140.  I’m neither skinny nor fat, I am healthy, i eat and exercise.  Every time I go home people are like, how’s your diet? Have you lost weight?  I’m like F*** OFF!  haha.  

Post # 5
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

*cough* 120 is my goal weight- it is not fat.  Just ignore these people. 

ETA: I’m 5’2.5″

Post # 6
921 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Them people are nuts.

Post # 8
2893 posts
Sugar bee

That is CRAZY. And someone, no offense, who would say think that or even say that to your face is a LUNATIC! 123 is NOT fat. Your doctor is right. You are completely healthy.

Post # 9
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

definitely not fat. it’s so crappy that even at a healthy weight girls still don’t feel like they are skinny enough. ugh!

Post # 10
2195 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@MrsCoachBtoBee: When I was up to my eyeballs in bulimia i was 119 (I’m 5’3). I was skin and bones!! Now i’m around 130 and am a totally normal looking person. I’ll beat anyone up who says otherwise…fact.

Post # 12
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m sure after years of modeling, some unrealistic ideals got driven into you.  Which sucks, but no that’s totally a healthy weight.  I’m guessing maybe your coworker was being silly or sarcastic. 

Your mom isn’t right to criticize your weight, but if she’s just telling you to go to the gym, she’s right.  Everyone should get exercise, regardless of weight.  It’s so easy to treat weight and size as the be-all and end-all and they’re not.  As your experience in the modeling world shows, there’s always going to be people who think you’re too large and there’s always going to be people who think you’re too small.  F— them, be healthy, be strong, and eat a scone once in awhile.

Post # 13
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m 5′ 5.5″ and even though I’ve never had an eating disorder, at 135 lbs I have always felt chunky. I use to get compliments on how good I looked and how thin I was when I weighed 120 lbs and I really miss it, but I know I really shouldn’t try to lose weight.

Post # 14
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

@mistyeyes: People are crazy!  Also, I am super impressed that you amassed 113 posts within an hour of your first post.  That has to be a record!  Welcome 🙂

Post # 15
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

THANK YOU for posting this.  I’m the same height as you, and in high school I was consistently under 110 lbs.  I ate all the time, but I was also a dancer and had gym class where we ran and did weight training a lot.  Needless to say it was easy to stay so slim.  I also had a fast metabolism.  After going to college and graduating, eating worse and not having the time to work out a lot, I’ve gotten up to 125-130.  I do NOT consider myself fat in any way.  I know I don’t look like I did in HS, but who does!? And, I have been trying to tone up for the wedding – mostly arms and stuff, and lose a little bit of the extra padding, but nothing extreme.  However, I have also recieved comments like these from my mother.  She means well, and she’s been overweight since having children, and I know that she knows gaining weight can be a slippery slope, which I am aware of, which is why I exercise, but when trying on my dress, she doesn’t need to be concerned about it not fitting me, it’s a size 8 and a corset, I think I’m safe. It’s so frustrating to think other people are so concerned with your weight if you’re happy.  Besdies, what woman needs to hear that all the time?

I would like to be happy and not kill myself in the gym or only eat celery all the time.  I’m so glad I’m not the only one getting comments like these.  Thank you again, for posting this thread! =)

Post # 16
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

better not be fat!

I’m 5″2 and 120lbs!

🙁

The topic ‘Vent!!123 lbs is not fat!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors