- 9 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
I am supposed to be getting married in ten weeks. That’s not a very long time period. I guess I am having doubts about getting married. It’s not that I think it’s not the right guy, it’s that I think it is not the right time. We got engaged in June (of 2011) because he joined the Navy and we decided since we were planning on getting married eventually, we might as well get married soon enough for me to go along with him to his Navy school after bootcamp. Here is why I am questioning getting married now and wondering if it would be better in a year or a few years:
1. Our budget is less than $1,000, including my dress, which is half of that. Not going to be the wedding I wanted at all.
2. My dress is beautiful, but just an A-line gown, not a ballgown that I have always been dreaming about, because those were too expensive.
3. We have to have the ceremony in a small room in my church that has couches and only 30 people can come to that because of its size. I made a committment to get married at my church with my pastor and he is doing all of it for free. Booking the actual sanctuary was almost $500, out of the question.
4. Because the ceremony is so small, we aren’t even having a rehearsal. This scares me. I don’t want to mess up.
5. The reception is going to have more people, but our family is basically catering it and I don’t want them to have to work so hard the day of our wedding. It’s mostly our moms, and it’s their day too, I feel. But they both really want to have a meal at the reception.
6. Compared to other bee’s rings, my ring is a joke. I am embarrassed to post it. It’s not even intended to be an engagement ring. It’s only sterling silver so it’s scratched and probably won’t last as long as would white gold. I’m afraid it wont look right with a wedding band either.
7. I am having health problems. I just had surgery two days ago. I am afraid I won’t be healthy for the Big Day.
8. I’m only 19. I will have to change my college to be moving around all the time with him. Also I don’t want to regret my marriage and wish I had waited and lived my life a bit longer.
9. Everything just feels rushed. I wanted a good year to plan everything out. I am so stressed out with everything right now.
I want to get married now because I want to go with him, and I love him, and I’m ready to be married to him and live with him. I don’t mean to whine or complain, I’m just so stressed out and disappointed with everything and I don’t want to make a mistake.
I have talked to my bridesmaids and mom and even my fiance about this, but basically they all said I just need to buck up and be more positive.
Sorry this is so long. If you read all this, thank you.