Post # 1
So I started looking for a venue to hold out wedding and reception all in the same place. I found one I thought I loved(station 67), looking online at the pictures and the stories of the place I thought it was THE place. We went and saw it this last week. Of course it’s prettier in the pictures because it’s all dressed up and from the right angles, but it didn’t feel right. Then as we were leaving we were told that because it’s owned and rain by a firefighters union we can be bumped at any time. The person said there’s only a 10% chance but it’s there catering and venue so if we’re bumped we are basically SOL. I don’t know if it’s worth the worry and stress to book it there and then wonder if I’m going to get bumped shortly before the wedding.
We’ve talked about it and think we should look around a bit more. Then thought of a place out near my mom. It’s the cities Masonic home(My mom and grandma are stars and I’m a Job’s daughter headed to be an eastern star) I’ve been there before It’s amazing and so pretty and big(and haunted that’s a plus for me). The only negative is neither of us can remember if there’s a stair case(I’ve fallen in love with the idea of walking down a stair case, Thanks Titanic). But it’s easily going to be cheaper to go to the mason home, just renting is is half the price for as long as you want till midnight.
So basically which would you do? Book a place that your not really in love with in person and could possibly loose the day of your wedding or a place you know is pretty and you’d have no matter what if you book it?
Post # 3
Reading your last sentence, the answer seems obvious… no?
Post # 4
I think I would recheck that the information you were given about Station 67 is correct. I would ask to see a copy of their contract. I can’t believe that anyone could run a successful venue with the possibility of cancellation hanging over everyone’s head.
Post # 5
I agree with checking the contract and double checking that you understand the terms. Assuming there is ANY chance they could bump you, there is no way I would book the place..especially if I wasn’t feeling “it” when I was there in person. The other place sounds like a great option and you also have time to look into more places too. There are other areas to cut back (flowers, favors, invitations, etc.) for the small price of the added security knowing your wedding will be where & when you book it and also where you will be happy. Good luck!!
Post # 6
@b2b5412:and@julies1949: We weree told when we went to look at the place that we coudl be bumped if someone who belonged to the firefighter union decided they wanted to rent the place on the same day. We don’t know what the cut off is, but at the same time I’m not sure it matters.The person said there’s a 10% chance of it happening and that it’s never happened to her, but it does happen. The more I think about it the more I start to hate the idea of Station 67, no matter how pretty the pictures are. I think since I was so in love with the pictures I was trying ot force myself to be in love with the place itself, no matter what. I’m going to go look at the Mason lodge again(I haven’t seen it in a bout a year) in the next to weeks and talk with my family and FI(who really doens’t care just wants to know when to show up and what to wear). But I’m pretty sure that I’m dropping station 67, and going some where else.
Thank you for the advice and helping to confirm what i was thinking and feeling.