(Closed) Venue doesn't have a liquor license anymore?

posted 8 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

You would need to purchase liquor liability insurance (or they may.provide it) which is not the same as a license..you do not need a license to serve, but to sell. Think of it like a byob restaurant.

Post # 5
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

This is how my venue is, they cannot provide the alcohol for you, but if you buy it yourself they can have a bartender serve it if you provide insurance. Its only about 125 bucks….So you can still have an open bar…liquor stores have packages and can help you determine exactly how much of each type of alcohol that you need to essentially have an ‘open bar’

Post # 6
1344 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@adoc86:  hi! My venue didnt have a liquor license either. My dad bought an ABC license for the day for $50 and that covered the venue and bartenders for the day! 

Post # 7
1290 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

This is a state by state thing.  Where I live, no venue would do this.   If they allowed it they would never get their license back.  Unlicensed places can get a one day licnese for wine and beer only.  I would double check your with a local resstaruant.

Post # 8
7960 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@adoc86:  i’m sure this varies by region but you may have to obtain a special permit (license) for the day including insurance.  check with a local liquor store.  they should know what is needed for your area. 

also, i hope that your venue reimburses you if you have to pay for a license.  when you booked, it was included.

The topic ‘Venue doesn't have a liquor license anymore?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors