(Closed) Venue for $1,000 or Less

posted 10 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 19
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I would also like to update this!  So, thanks to Averne I decided to check it out and booked The Gables at Chadds Ford! I have looked HIGH and LOW in the three tri-states and have never found a place as beautiful, barn/rustic like (not to mention the food and prices that they offer!)

As she said above me – they have changed their prices. I go on Saturday to sign my contract and do my food tasting! 🙂 So, it is a little more expensive then when she first booked.  But, They still only require 300 to hold your date!

Prices on food dishes per person are ah-mazing! Cheapest in the area, ANYWHERE, I have seen by far and their presentations look awesome! They give you so much included too! Their room rate is only 500 for a saturday and 500 for ceremony if you decide to have it on site! (which they are putting in this beautiful waterfall wall outside which is going to look so nice!)

Also they are in the process of building this beautiful 2-room bridal suite.

The venue is just absolutely gorgeous! They are amazing to work with also might I add. I have never had such a flexible venue! (I will update on food tasting after saturday!)

P.S. to other brides looking: room fits between 80-100 with smaller size dance floor (unless you do long tables) but fits 70 perfectly with lots of dance room.

Post # 21
12 posts
Newbee

I am also doing by drinks consumption! I am having approx 70 guests, but only 40 of them will even touch one drink (so I’m hoping myself I dont get to 700. (But, I didn’t know I could do a cap!) I’ll have to look into that when I go Saturday.  —- But for other brides: they do offer open bar packages that are VERY affordable and reasonable compared to other places! Everything about this place is almost perfect compared to others.

@averne: The bridal suite probably wont be done by the time you get married? :/  – don’t quote me on that though! But as far as I can see (and what he said) The finished suite won’t be until 2 months!

Post # 23
12 posts
Newbee

@averne  .. and to all other brides..

I havn’t had any communication issues with them. But, I also just booked about a month ago. But we talk about once a week. I have his personal e-mail and everytime I e-mail him he gets right back to me within a few hours. I have never dealt with a woman named sally ( and I dont think he even has an assistant right now?) but I guess everyones case is different……

on another note: my tasting was AMAZING. Got to taste eveything on my menu that I picked (up to 4 appetizers) and the presentations were also amazing. they looked so “upscale” (as they should for a wedding). Everything we tried was delicious. And while doing the tasting we sat with the executive chef to go over everything (and if we wanted to tweak anything like sauces, sides, etc…..) We also did our cake design the same day. They were extremely accomodating and all the staff I dealt with was very nice and professional. I have had a great experience with them so far… I’ll let you all know if anything changes between now and the wedding! 🙂

Post # 25
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

The Gables sounds just like what we’re looking for too — can you share contact info?

Post # 26
361 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

A very good friend of mine just had their wedding at Broomall’s Lake Country Club.  It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!  You rent the facility and have full run of it from Thursday – Sunday.  I believe it is around $1000 to rent.  You decorate as you want, can have the reception or ceremony, inside or out, and have your choice of caterers.   The caterers that they used were excellent.  Seriously the best food I have ever had at a wedding.  Not your normal food.  If you want to know the name, let me know !! HIGHLY recommend the place. We were going to have our wedding there, but did not want to copy cat them LOL

Post # 27
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi B2Bs! 

In a google search, I happened upon this strand.  I am so appreciative of the information you’ve shared about The Gables.  I sent an email to the address for Michael on the website.  Hopefully, I’ll get a response soon or I’ll go into slight stalker mode.  Please continue to share updates as I’m sure they’ll prove beneficial for other soon to bee’s like myself.

Post # 28
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - The Gables at Chadds Ford

@phillygalks:  

I tried to receive contact information through PartySpace.com and was never e-mailed any information.  We just met with Mike, the banquet manager yesterday and booked our wedding for next September.  His e-mail is [email protected] and the phone number for The Gables is 610-388-7700.

Post # 29
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - The Gables at Chadds Ford

Hey Ladies!  I have been following this thread for a few months looking for an inexpensive wedding venue with both a rustic feel and reasonable bar and food prices.  I was getting so frustrated with other local wedding venues and was trying not to get my hopes up before we looked at The Gables at Chadds Ford.  We spoke to a very nice young girl around 9PM on Saturday night who said Mike, the banquet manager, would be happy to meet with us the next day. 

The Gables is right on Rt 1, which is a pretty busy road- so that initially made me wonder if this place would be suitable for a wedding.  As soon as I walked in, I was immediately drawn to the atmosphere.  Any photos you may find online really don’t do it justice!  The place is beautiful.  There was a retirement party starting when we arrived yesterday to visit the venue, but Mike was happy to show us through the event room and to the outdoor cermony spaces. 

The Gables was an old dairy barn that was converted to a restaurant so it definitely has the rustic feel we were looking for.  The outside area has a nice deck for cocktail hour, and he said they are planning to get a rolling bar for outdoor serving, or we can always use the indoor bar which is right next to the deck.  The lawn space just below the deck was an option for the ceremony.  The aisle is laid with pretty red-toned pavers, and the backdrop is a waterfall with an arch overhead and thin topiary trees on either side.  My only concern was that you can sort of see the parking lot beyond the topiaries because they are still small enough to see space between them, although I’m sure you can cover the in-between area with some sort of fabric backdrop if it bothers you.  The other ceremony option was just off the restaurant entrance.  It was all a gray stone on both the ground and walls with a raised area for the bride and groom to get married– we loved this option!  Again, the only downfall is that there is a lovely view of the parking lot next to the ceremony.  The manager did say that they should be finishing the bridal suite in about three months, which appears to be separate from the restaurant, and just outside the lawn ceremony site.  

As far as cost goes, it seems like there are so many options that you could have your wedding there for almost any budget.  Our guest list is approximately 80 people, with a maximum of 100.  Entrees start around $23 for buffet, and the highest entree option for a seated dinner is about $42/pp.  These prices do not include appetizers, but you can choose how many passed and display appetizers you would like.  Four hour bar packages for a beer and wine only package start at $21/pp and open bar starts at $28/pp.  I’d like to add another hour to our reception if possible.  The banquet manager, Mike, seemed to be pretty flexible with options. 

Our wedding budget is about $15,000 for 80-100 guests (although my fiance would be happy to do it for less!)  I figured with a buffet dinner, three passed hors d’oeuvres, three display appetizers, cake, and an open bar, we can do the food and alcohol for about $83/pp (including estimated 26% tax and gratuity.)  I will have to find out if taxes were already included in the prices we were given, but I added them in just in case.  Like I said, they have so many options, you could definitely do a wedding for much less depending on the food and alcohol options you want. 

Sorry this was so long!  I’m hoping it helps someone like this thread has helped me! 

Post # 31
2451 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Averne:  I wanted to add to this thread since we are having our wedding at the Riveredge in Reading (not too far from Philly). The venue is free with our package which will come to about $85 per person. This includes hors de ouvres and an open bar. I can’t give a wedding report since it has not happened yet but I have worked with them on other banquets and they do a good job.

The topic ‘Venue for $1,000 or Less’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors