(Closed) Venue for $1,000 or Less

posted 10 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 32
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - The Gables at Chadds Ford

@Averne:  I am happy to hear your wedding at The Gables turned out well!  I hope your honeymoon was just as nice!  However, I am also having the same issues w/ Mike not getting back to my e-mails.  It seems like a week between my e-mail and his respone is the average.  I hate making phone calls and if this is the way it will be up until the wedding, I may look elsewhere to book a venue and just cut my losses on the $300 we spent to book the venue or I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and make the (perhaps often) phone calls.  :/ 

P.S.  –  would you be willing to share any of your wedding photos from The Gables?  If so, please let me know and I will message you my e-mail address πŸ™‚

Post # 34
108 posts
Blushing bee

@Averne:  Thanks so much for the additional e-mail address and the photographs!  You look beautiful in the pictures- I love the flowers in your hair!  If you have more pictures you’d like to share- please post them πŸ™‚ 

Post # 35
108 posts
Blushing bee

@melissa_angelina:  just out of curiosity, which email do you send your messages to?  I have [email protected] and he takes forever to write back πŸ™

Post # 36
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

The e-mail he initially wrote to me on was :  [email protected]

Which is the e-mail I have been using ever since. Hope this helps! I have still had zero communication problems in the whole process (thank goodness!) πŸ™‚

Post # 38
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Averne – If you don’t mind me asking. Did you stay within your budget for your wedding? I have a very similar budget. I’m so happy i came acrossed this forum. I have been literally up for days looking. Some of these venues make me want to puke with their prices and you get so little! I’ve put in an email to both Michael and Adelle (who were on the website for The Gables) I’m hoping they have availability.

Post # 39
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi everyone! I am so happy I stumbled across this thread. I have learned about a few new places.

@averne – thanks for all of the info regarding Chadds Ford. I came across that place last night in my search and I wasn’t really impressed with the pictures but based on what you and others have said, I may consider making an appointment.

Post # 40
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

LET ME UPDATE…..

STAY. AWAY.

I have had to re-plan my entire wedding and cancel my wedding here. THE GABLES has been a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE the last few months.

god help all of you other brides out there in the future…. If you booked, I would call and check in, thats for sure!

Post # 41
1 posts
Wannabee

We visited the Gables and loved the indoors.  The outdoor ceremony spot was nice, but there is a lot of ambient noise from cars whizzing by on the highway.  Are there other nice ceremony spots nearby?

Post # 43
5 posts
Newbee

Not sure if you are still looking but Horizon View Farms just started doing weddings in their barns and on their property. It is gorgeous. You can email [email protected] for more information. Since we are so new still, I am willing to work with brides on price. We can for sure offer a wedding at $1000 if need be. The venue is located near Seven Springs in Rockwood, Pa. http://Www.horizonviewfarm.com. Let me know if you have questions!

Post # 44
108 posts
Blushing bee

I just had my wedding here on September 14th.  I had SO many issues with this place leading up to the day mostly due to changes in management and a lack of organization on the venue’s end.  However, our wedding day was PERFECT!  They really pulled everything together to make the day amazing.  They decorated beautifully- from the flowers in the outside area to putting our decorations up as requested, to making the bridal suite a gorgeous and relaxing place to be before the ceremony.  Our guests said the food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and I couldn’t agree more!  Anne, the owner, was around all night long making sure everything was going smoothly. Also, the cake company that The Gables uses, Cakes by Kim, made our cake exactly how we wanted- maybe even better and it was delicious!  Our florist is someone we stumbled upon originally, but now her info comes in the packet when you visit the venue- Flowers by LeStyle 25, Karen Brady.  Karen was so sweet to work with and I had shown her photographs of what look we were going for and she really captured that feel for us within our budget!  She was amazing!  I think this venue is starting to become more organized.  I would hands-down recommend this venue to other brides!  I would just make sure you keep in touch with the venue just in case there are other management changes, and make sure you get everything written into your contract from the day you put a deposit down.

Post # 45
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@reynaweddingbee:  first CONGRATS!!!! I put my deposit down at the end of August and Adele was still there.  Then I called to ask about space for a photo booth and Anne, the owner told me she was now in charge of events.  We had a great convo and I felt reassured.  I was ready to freak out!  I hate dealing with one person then another, mind you I was originally dealing with Mike.  I’m glad to know that your day was awesome and the forced cake vendor was amazing.  Admittedly, my nerves were bad when I looked at this added thread.  I feel a bit of calm now.  If you don’t mind, I have a few questions.

how many guest/tables did you have?

did you have a photo booth?

was your ceremony held outside?

what time of day was your ceremony?

did you go elsewhere for pictures?

if you don’t mind please share any pictures of the ceremony space and table set up, if you have them.

I have a million other questions, but I’ll let you get back to your new hubby!!

thanks!

Post # 46
108 posts
Blushing bee

@ButterflyBride5:   Don’t worry about asking questions!!! I am so relieved now that the wedding is over and will probably be on here more now than I was during wedding planning!

-We had 68 guests including ourselves.  We had 12 guest tables that sat up to six people each, and a smaller sweetheart table for ourselves. 

-We did not have a photo booth, but with the amount of guests we had, we could’ve had a spot for it. 

-Our ceremony started at 5:30PM outside.  We seriously lucked out with the weather, it was sunny and cool, but it was honestly beautiful outside with all the flowers they planted.

-We took photos at Brandywine Battlefield a minute down the road, but The Gables has plenty of pretty areas to take bridal party photos.

-I don’t really have any good pictures of the table set up right now, but it was basically set up in an L-shape alongside the window wall and the far back wall.  (I gave them a diagram of how to number them and where we wanted our table.)

This is probably the best picture I have so far of the ceremony space- another girl on here posted some good pictures of the venue though when she went to visit-  but you can see in the picture above they have like hanging plants coming out of the arch now which I loved. 

The topic ‘Venue for $1,000 or Less’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors