(Closed) Venue for 140 guest dinner celebration

posted 8 years ago in Seattle
Post # 3
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Are you looking in Seattle? Or anywhere in WA?  I think there is a really great place, Russells in Bothell/Woodinville… Its a super cool 1920’s refurbished barn….. There a also tons of places in the city I just don’t know their prices…I am sure there are great places on the East side of town as well…What are some more specifics!?!?!?

Post # 5
1129 posts
Bumble bee

My Fiance class reunion was held two years ago in a downstairs room of the Hotel Monaco in Seattle.  Some of his friends organized it, but I don’t know the details.  They charged about $60 a head (and frankly, I think they might have made a profit.)  Another hotel banquet option might be the Hotel Vintage Park – my older brother was married at Vintage Plaza in PDX and if I recall their rates were fairly reasonable for that sized group.  I’m assuming the park would be similar.  Both are DT Seattle and owned by Kimpton Hotels.

Post # 6
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have a few suggestions, since planning both a wedding and HS reunion. All affordable:

The Space Needle (You’ll be surprised! Wedding will be there)

Woodland Park Zoo (Reunion was here, food was awesome)

McCormick & Schmicks on Lake Union

Post # 7
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Duckduckamy has a really good idea with the Space Needle. My medical school had our annual dinner/dance there last year and apparently there is no venue rental fee with food minimums.

Post # 8
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yep, it is a great location! To be more specific, when we were booking it was $10,000 food min for a Saturday night, and $50/person for other nights. Their entrees are from $50-60 or so.

Post # 10
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

you can also try ivar’s by university of washington or other locations.  at that restaurant, we paid around $30/head for a buffet plus dessert, and the staff was very nice and accommodating.  they even brought out boxes for my guests to put their leftovers in – for a buffet!  we went here for my rehearsal dinner which had about 100 people.

Post # 11
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I don’t know if you have made a decision but we just had a rehearsal dinner in the downtown room of Hotel Monaco!  They did a phenomenal job! We got out for around $60 a head (we did an expensive menu.)

Also Whitney Brown is the Catering Coordinator, and I have worked with her for years (She used to be a Catering Coordinator for Harbor Club which is where we have ALL of our meetings for my Company) She is beyond professional and is willing to negotiate things!

They didn’t blink an eye on us using the room afterward to have the Bachelorette Party there as well and kept the desserts and the bartender there for us to use)

The topic ‘Venue for 140 guest dinner celebration’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors