Post # 1
Im just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation to us.
Im a UK Bride, so im not sure if our lockdown procedures or outlook with Covid 19 is any different, but i presume we are all in this awful predicament.
Our wedding is in July. We’ve come to a decision we would ideally like to Postpone until May 2021. Although the situation could be better by July, we are finding it extremely difficult to plan this wedding as we are unable to meet with suppliers, im unable to go for dress fittings and hair trials etc. Stag and hen dos are cancelled. Our honeymoon to Italy is cancelled too. The whole lead-up is slowly becoming extremely stressful due to the uncertainty and we arent sure we can take weeks of not knowing. We should be excited for our wedding and we should be couting down, but instead we are constantly in a state of ‘damage limitation’, as well as counting down weeks on a calendar to try and work out how we can fit everything in around lockdown procedures (if they are lifted at all) The wedding is slowly being pulled apart more and more as days go on.
It is for this reason, we want to remove all stress from the table completely and postpone.
First question: Are any other July/August brides postponing or are you hanging on in there?
Second question: Is anyone having any trouble with their venues not allowing them to postpone? If so, how are you dealing with this? Have you found a solution or a way to get them to comply with your wishes? Our venue has told us we cannot postpone, unless it gets to 3-4 weeks before the wedding and government lockdown is still in place. In which case they will move our wedding to a Wednesday or Thursday out of season (so probably Jan/Feb/March). This is not the experience we wanted for our wedding, and whilst im coming to terms with the fact we are probably going to have to accept this, it doesnt change the fact we feel so disheartened and sad about the situation.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Thank you <3 Sending love to my fellow 2020 brides going through this xxx
Post # 2
Hi, UK bride here also getting married in July! – at the moment me and my other half are hanging tight and waiting until mid May to make a call. We haven’t been in touch with our venue about potentially postponing because we know they’ll just tell us to wait and see.
I think the situation is changing so quickly each day you may need to check back with them in a few months. I do think 3-4 weeks is a bit mean and personally if I was a guest I would want to know before that time especially if paying for flights or booking hotels.
Hang on in there bee, hopefully our weddings can still go ahead as planned x
Post # 3
So I can only speak as a US bee, but I’m also a wedding vendor. At this point I think you’ll find most everyone is in the same situation. Most of us wedding vendors are trying to do whatever we can to make the most of a horrible situation and do what we can to help our couples. That being said, strictly from a business standpoint I feel like no one is going to postpone weddings that far out just yet – especially since we just don’t know how long this thing will last.
Think of it this way….right now all our March, April & May couples are all *having* to postpone even though they don’t want to. If you postpone your July wedding now, and come July your venue is open and everything is under control, they’ve now lost out on a 2020 date someone who wouldn’t have cancelled could have had PLUS a 2021 date they now can’t book with a future client. I know it sucks, I truly do. Right now if one of my June or July couples wanted to reschedule I’d probably go ahead and do it, but I’m a much smaller business and don’t have the overhead of an entire venue + staff.
Your venue and all the other vendors are literally under water right now working day and night trying to reschedule couples whose weddings are immediate within the next few weeks or should have already happened. As hard as it is to hear, just know that it’s equally as hard for me to say, because I’m all about making sure your clients are taken care of….but honestly your July wedding is likely just not an immediate priority for them now.
Big hugs though. This whole situation is horrible and it’s got all of us stressed. As a wedding photographer I’m super invested in my couple’s day. We’ve spend months talking about their wedding, photographing their engagement sessions, etc. Just last night I had to move one of my last May weddings. Every day I wake up and feel defeated for my couples because I know their stress is just as big as mine.
Post # 4
I think they are just trying to manage what they can right now and as time progresses they’ll tend to the needs of the next set of brides/grooms. Give them a few weeks to sort the April and May brides. I don’t see this ‘blowing over’ by July but would also be said to try and be rescheduled during the first quarter of next year. Hugs, bee xo