(Closed) Venue searching in and around Roanoke for Oct 2011

posted 7 years ago in Virginia – Southwest Virginia
Post # 3
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Good luck. I’m a Roanoke Bride, but I’m gettnig married beside the New River Gorge in West Virginia.

Post # 5
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 1994

Hey! I am planning a Richmond wedding, but I lived in Roanoke for almost a year! Here are a few that aren’t on your list:

Hunting Hills Country Club

Silver Hearth Lodge

OR, you could look into private home rentals — there are some gorgeous, large private homes overlooking the Roanoke Valley that would be beautiful for a ceremony or reception.

Post # 8
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Amhreins. I think it’s spelled like that.

O. Winston Link Museum

Vahalla Vineyards

Post # 10
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have connections to the Roanoke area!

I went to an event at the Corithian Ballroom- so pretty!!

Post # 12
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

One of the videographers I’m looking at has an option of “same day edit” where they use what they’ve been filming all day leading up to the reception (getting ready, ceremony, etc) and make it into a short clip to show at the beginning of the reception. That would be cool for a movie theme party! Or they do a pre-wedding “interview” type film about how the bride and groom met/the proposal etc.

Just wanted to share those ideas with you!

Post # 13
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Good Luck!  I am in Christiansburg with the same problems!  I just looked at Nesselrod on the River (it is along the New River in Radford).  It is a little pricey, but a beautiful venue!  Also, there is a Bridal Expo this Sunday (9/19) in Roanoke) that I am hoping will have a lot of info under one roof!

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@Rock Hugger: I got married on May 23, 2009 at The Inn at Hans Meadow in Christiansburg. It’s a beautiful outdoor venue and the owner, Kathy, is really helpful. We also looked at Nesselrod but I was not impressed with it when I saw it. If you have any questions about The Inn, or any other vendors in the area, or if you would even like to see pictures of the Inn I would be happy to help!

Post # 15
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Sweetpea – Thanks for the suggestion, but The Inn at Hans Meadow would be too small for us :(.   We am thinking about Mountain Lake Resort, Natural Bridge, or Mariners Landing at Smith Mountain Lake, but IDK – we have not seen any yet, and all have plusses and minuses…..

The topic ‘Venue searching in and around Roanoke for Oct 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors