(Closed) Venue shuts down and takes Couples 7,000, wedding gets saved by Twitter!

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

This happened to a bride recently in my area. She was not from here but she did not want to have her elderly grandparents (who were paying for the wedding instead of having their anniversary party) travel too far. The grandparents had been paying on the venue for quite some time. Her wedding was June this year when she went to a local bakery down here and they asked her where her wedding was going to be. She told them and they said that venue is closing down. The bride didnt believe the bakery. The bakery said they know because a wedding was scheduled there this past Dec and two wks before the wedding the venue called and cancelled it. It was very upset and heartbreaking because the venue was accepting her grandparents money without even a whisper that they had no intention of doing this wedding. Be sure you are reading those contracts ladies!!! Here’s the link to see the story:

http://www.kltv.com/story/16170013/7-on-your-side-roseland-plantation-closes-doors

Post # 4
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Wow!  Amazing story.  Thanks for sharing.

Post # 5
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Wow that is crazy! I would have a heart attack— that’s terrible the venuewould do that! And how generous of all those great people out there. Glad it worked out for them.

Post # 6
8439 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Honestly I read it and some of the comments and agree that why did they need to take the extras- like the rings etc which would not have had anything to do with the venue going into liquidation. I also agree that they should have scaled back on their dream wedding- bad things happen to people all the time if everyone got on twitter to ask for help then think of what the world would become!

Post # 7
2416 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This happened in my area when a big country club just shut down. A bride called our local radio station in tears as her wedding was that weekend! So many vendors stepped up and she got an amazing wedding for free.

Post # 8
5428 posts
Bee Keeper

Is there any way to find out if a venue is in finacial trouble or that they are going to close down, short of asking them I mean? Google the venue and take a look at their financial reports for example? Can we actually do that?

The topic ‘Venue shuts down and takes Couples 7,000, wedding gets saved by Twitter!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors