(Closed) Venue tour!! Coral house & Chateau Le Mer Long Island

posted 6 years ago in Long Island, New York
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee

@StarIzInkd: 

My daughter had her wedding there last year.  We were together every step of the way.  I remember all the time we spent looking at venues and talking to their event planners.  In the end we went with The Coral House, and I’m glad we did.  The Coral House took great care of us accommodating all kinds of last minute needs involving the parents of the groom.  And while the friendliness of a few other venues was waning while we made our decision, Laurie couldn’t be nicer and patient throughout the entire process! (Hope that helps.)

Post # 4
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My good friend is having his reception at Chateau in July, and another friend had her wedding there 10 years ago. She loved it and he is excited. I’m pretty sure he got a great deal, so talk with them about options to lower the cost (different day/time, etc)

Post # 6
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Wow you happen to mention two places I’ve actually been too! I didn’t like eitherof them!!! LOL. But if I had to pick, I’d choose Coral House. Hope you don’t think I’m picky but maybe I am. What I didn’t like about the Mer was the room we were in (upstairs) had a tacky tile ceiling which had waterstains. Eww. I thought that was pretty ugly. Maybe the downstairs room is better. They looked like they were treating the wedding downstairs better than they were treating us upstairs.

Post # 8
2163 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I went to a wedding at Chateu La Mer in October, and I live only about 2 minutes from there. I thought the food was delicious, but maybe since I’m so local, I feel like it’s better suited for sweet 16’s, bat/bar mitzvahs, etc. I thought it was very over the top in terms of gaudy-ness, but that’s just not my style. I also didn’t like that everytime I went to the bathroom, there were a bunch of 16 yr olds in there from the sweet 16 party in the next room. I prefer venues where they only have 1 party at a time.

The topic ‘Venue tour!! Coral house & Chateau Le Mer Long Island’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors