(Closed) Venue unable to be booked until six months out

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I would be slightly worried, but I would just ask them what is the absolute earliest you can book and then go in first thing in the morning to book it.  Like if your date is June 15th, could you go in on December 1st or do you have to wait until December 15th, exactly 6 months in advanced?  Try not to stress, but thats easy for me to say from over here lol.  Good luck, I’m sure it will work out!!

Post # 4
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@tinypaws:  Find out the very first day you are able to book and then be up at the crack of dawn or whenever to call and book the site.  Also make sure that you have all the money you’ll need to for the deposit(s) ready (If your going through your bank or credit card company I’d make sure to call and tell them you’ll be making the charge and preauthorize it, you don’t want to get a fruad alert which would hold everything up).  If you are able put the clause in your vendor contracts that allows for you to change the venue/date with no or minimal change fees.

Post # 5
46 posts
  • Wedding: October 2013

That’s very strange but I agree with the other bees!  Ask what day is the first day you can book and go immediately with a check for the deposit! 🙂

Post # 7
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree with the advice above but I’d also really clarify their policy and find out what the booking process is.  Example: I contacted a venue that didn’t take bookings until the beginning of the calendar year for the year (no idea what people who wanted bookings In like January were supposed to do) but it was a yacht club and members were allowed to book however far in advance but that wasnt abundantly clear until I really started asking about the process.  And then find out what the deal is to get it booked on the day bookings open. There very well could be someone else planning to call at the crack of dawn that day. How do they choose?  Just really first come first serve all secret or would they tell you how many others are also interested in that date.  this seems kind of strange to me that they wouldn’t want to lock down bookings well in advance. 

Post # 8
1227 posts
Bumble bee

As the poster above me said I wapitis also ask if there’s been any other inquiries about your date. If there has, you may not wish to risk this. If you got it, great, but if you don’t, you will be in for a lot of stress. Maybe start looking for a back up venue just in case

Post # 9
2869 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We had a similar issue with our location, albeit with a longer timeframe.  We knew our date and our venue right after we got engaged, 18 months out, but they wouldn’t book more than a year out. We were in contact, the only ones interested, and I even offered a deposit then and there, but no, that was their policy.  Still, I contacted them and stayed in contact with them so that they basically had us ‘penciled in’ in advance and then as soon as the one year hit I locked it in.  It worked out great and our wedding was amazing 🙂 So, I’d say make sure they know you’re seriously interested, and then call them first thing in the morning when its six months out.  Still, I’d try to do a bit of research on backup venues just in case.  Best of luck!!

Post # 10
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

@tinypaws:  If it’s their standard policy at least you know no one else can book your date either, try to keep positive and find out that earliest possible booking time 🙂 good luck! (I’m sure it’ll all turn out a ok) x

The topic ‘Venue unable to be booked until six months out’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors