(Closed) Venue Vent: My Heart Sank…

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Member
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2005

@smcopp89:  Hey, I haven’t been in a similar situation but just wanted to wish you luck. Pray that all works in your favor. Congratulations on your union and much happiness to you and your future husband.

Post # 5
Member
1512 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I hope it works out. I think they should let you have it since the other party hasn’t even made a deposit yet. Maybe say you can come do the deposit, in cash, immediately? That tends to motivate people. Good luck!

Post # 6
Member
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I will be praying for you!!

 

*Positive vibes…*

Post # 9
Member
2157 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Oh my goodness, that’s awful.  I hope you really get through to the guy tomorrow on the phone and make him understand your situation!!  Let us know how it goes

Post # 11
Member
964 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Good Luck… I really hope this works out for you!

Post # 12
Member
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I”ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

Post # 14
Member
1406 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Wow, I’m so sorry you are going through this.  I kinda figured this place was a business and interested in making money….I guess not???

I cannot believe they are actually going to acknowledge someone else who hasn’t signed a contract or paid a deposit.  Can you go down there again and talk to the owner face to face?  I would….I think he’d be less likely to tell you “NO” to your face when you are standing there with your checkbook.

Fingers crossed for you!

Post # 15
Member
8520 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Whilst your situation really sucks and I hope you and the venue can work something out you do need to relaise that you didn’t have a contract or paid a deposit and that there is another couple/family etc on the other side of this that has also booked that date for their special event and are equally not to blame. Unfortunately the owner has the last say and he did say yes to the other person who has booked the venue.

I honestly don’t think you will get anywhere unless the other party decided to change dates. However I do think that you can use this to your advantage. When you speak to the owner remember to be nice and calm but also bring up the fact that the other venue person that you spoke to did not explain the process correctly (that she did not have final say that he did) and that you know have to embarrasssingly call all your vendors and change the date again. Hopefully they will offer you some kind of discount or extra.

Good luck

The topic ‘Venue Vent: My Heart Sank…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors