I couldn’t get the word document to upload so I decided to just put it as a post instead. Sorry for it being so long!!
1. When visiting ask to see ceremony sites for both outside and inside if the weather is bad
2. How is the ceremony site typicall decorated? Do they offer decorations, do you bring your own, and are there extrac costs involved with the setup. Howe early could we arrive to have it set up?
3. How early can guests arrive before the ceremony? Where will they be directed if they can’t enter the ceremony site yet?
4. Where is the parking, how many cars can it hold?
5. Music/sound capabilities and lighting options for the ceremony site?
6. Is there a place the bride can get ready before the wedding starts at the venue?
7. Can we rehearse on-site the day before and will you be present for the rehearsal?
1. Do you function like a “day-of coordinator” or banquet manager on the day of the wedding?
a. Is there someone assigned to direct guests from the ceremony to the cocktail hour area or are we responsible for assigning someone to do that and make announcements?
b. Will you help with things like cueing music, telling the couple when to cut the cake, adjusting the schedule if guests don’t seem ready to sit down to dinner?
c. Do most couples at this site hire a coordinator of some sort?
2. How many people can the site hold….with our number of guests will it look empty, too crowded, etc?
a. What are typical floorplans for this number of people?
3. Will the same person you work with when planning also oversee meal service on the day of the wedding?
4. What time will you arrive on-site on my wedding day and what time will you leave?
5. Do you (and your staff) set up my menus, placecards, favors and other décor items?
6. Are we responsible for packing up things such as leftover décor, gifts, etc at the end of the day?
Cocktail Hour Questions:
1. When visiting ask to see the cocktail hour location and learn how it is typically set up.
2. What are the menu choices? How will the appetizers be served? What are our options to save on the cost?
3. Will the bridal party and family members that are included in the formal pictures during this time get a separate cocktail hour served during the photo session?
4. Where do most weddings take their photos? Inside and outdoor locations?
1. Arrange beforehand to have a tasting of items from their menus for the cocktail hour and reception
2. Music/sound capabilities of the reception site?
3. What is the food and beverage minimum?
4. What will the lighting be like during the day? Do we need to have additional lighting? Are there plenty of electrical outlets?
5. Do you allow candles? Are there any restrictions for the décor, (such as rose petals, rice, tape, nails, etc)?
6. Is a fire permit required? Is so, who do I contact to acquire it?
7. What are the choices for linens? What choices are included in the package price and what are not?
8. Will the caterer provide tables, chairs, plates, table linens, silverware, salt and pepper shakers, etc? See at least some of these items when visiting to make sure they’re acceptable. Is there any other equipment that we might need to rent ourselves?
9. Are centerpieces included? What are the options? Can you bring in your own centerpieces? If yes, how early can this be done beforehand?
10. Is the wedding cake included in the packages? What are the choices of design and flavors?
11. Get a list of what is included in each package. Go over differences between sit down and buffet style. What are the menu choices for each? Are there any additional costs not listed?
12. Can we save any money by having a more lunch-like menu and having the reception during the day?
13. How are the servers dressed? Who will be supervising the reception?
14. How will the caterer arrange the food on the buffet table or on the plates? Do they have photos of previous displays?
15. What is the size of the dance floor? If we have a DJ or band, where will they set up and how close will the guests be to the speakers?
16. Where will the gift and cake tables be located? If we have a sweetheart table and/or table for the wedding party, where will that be placed?
17. How will alcohol be served and what types of beer, wine and liquor will our guests have to choose from with our budget? Are there any unexpected costs that might arise beyond what we pay up-front?
18. When will you want the final reception guest count, favors, seating chart and placecards delivered along with possibly toasting flutes and cake knife?
19. Is there an extra cake cutting and serving fee not included in the package?
20. How many hours are included in the rental block? Does this include or exclude hours for set-up and tear down?
21. Do you allow for the wedding reception to go overtime? What is the additional charge if so?
22. Are you insured? Do you require us to have liability insurance as well?
23. Does the caterer have a license? (aka met health department stds and has liability insurance, also make sure this includes a liquor license)
24. What is the total cost of what we have selected? Is tax and gratuity included?
25. What is the payment schedule you require? Do you take credit cards or checks?
1. List of everything the venue/caterer will be providing (such as tables and linens) as part of the package
2. Prices for each item and service the venue/caterer will be providing and the total cost
3. Amount of the deposit and when it was paid to the vendor
4. Amount of the remaining balance and the schedule for when payments will be made
5. Date, times and locations for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception
6. Name of the venue manager/caterer that will be present for the wedding and the name of an acceptable substitute
7. Proof of liability insurance and liquor license
8. Cancellation/refund policy