(Closed) Vera Wang & Oleg Cassini…..I can’t make up my mind !!!

posted 10 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress should I go for?

Dress 1: Vera Wang Style dress

Dress 2: Oleg Cassini dress

Dress 3: Vera Wang White

• Post # 32
    1490 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I’m totally against knock-offs, so I vote against #1.  Its a replica of VW Hayley and the bodice draping, petals, and bottom of the skirt are definitely off.  Nonetheless, I dont think #1 is the most flattering on you.  2 and 3 are both great on your figure but 3 is more “ballgowny” which you said you’re looking for.  Go for 2 or 3, both better quality and better fit.

Edit: in response to your above post, a dress that is “styled” to look like another designer’s is a knock-off, fyi.

Anyways, the more I look at the pics, I think your waist looks tiny in #3.

Post # 34
    515 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Not everyone could pull off #1, but you look stunning in it, I think its my favorite

Post # 35
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Number 1 for sure! It’s fun and stylish and suits you perfectly! (And I don’t think it makes you look “large” at all!)

Post # 36
    146 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2007

I really like #1.  I think it looks great on you

Post # 37
    520 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

you look great in all of them! I voted for 2, but you really work it in number 1!!

Post # 38
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I really love #3 on you!!!!!!!!!! Stunning

Post # 39
    294 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

i LOVE #1!!! you look amazing in it… like seriously… amazing!

#2 doesn’t sit right on you? you look bigger in the hips than you are, and the weird beading at the bottom front of the skirt is just weird…. it doesn’t sit right! sometimes it’s folded up in the tulle and sometimes it’s off-center… that would drive me nuts. plus that amount/type of beading doesn’t belong that that fabric, in my opinion!

#3 is a little young… i agree with a pp that it looks more like a debutante dress or something, especially on your small frame… 

Post # 40
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I vote #1. You look so elegant & beautiful Kiss but having said that, i love #3 as well, but i might be biased because my dress was very similar to it Cool

Post # 41
    214 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

I like #2 and #3, but dislike #1

Post # 42
    436 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I absolutely adore the first dress. It’s unique and suits you so well! I’m with you on loving ballgowns, but I’m not a huge fan of the sort-of cupcake-like effect that mounds of tulle create. Does that make sense? 

Post # 43
    193 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Definitely number one, you look taller and happier and super beautiful! Plus it is different to the other traditional dresses which is a plus 🙂

#2 Makes you look like you have short legs?

#3 looks very sweet n young

Post # 44
    1490 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

@visitginny:  I think we just have different opinions on the meaning of replica, but I’m not interested in debating.  Maybe you could refer to your dress by its designer’s name, instead of VW, since you’re saying this isn’t a VW knock-off?

Anyway, I still vote for 3!  Good luck.

Post # 46
    558 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Oh, I thought you were getting made in China from a dress maker. That would scare me, but if it’s a reputable store, you shouldn’t have a problem. 

Just to clarify—I wasn’t insinuating that there was anything wrong with knockoff dresses. Established designers do it all the time—like ABS (which is sold in Bloomies and Saks, among other high end department stores). Knockoffs of Oscars dresses are in production days after their worn on the red carpet. Heck, Vera Wang even knocks off her own designs and sells them at David’s Bridal! Dress 1 is definitely going for the past few seasons VW style—not to mention the black belt is her signature! 

The topic ‘Vera Wang & Oleg Cassini…..I can’t make up my mind !!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors