(Closed) Vera Wang 2008 NYC Sample Sale

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee

I loved the dresses that I tried on at the VW bridal salon–only problem is that they were all over my budget.  I was afraid to fall into that crazy bride camp out on sample sale line and fight for your gown mode. But I felt pretty strongly about VW’s dresses–the quality and cut was excellent and of all other bridal designers, I connected with hers the most. So, you never know, right? Off I went. It was definitely not as crazy as I thought it’d be. They let 30 brides in at at time. Most brides were courteous enough to ask if you are done with a gown or are willing to let you try on theirs if the dress isn’t right for them. There were a lot of different style dresses to choose from. While there are many that are damaged/stained, there were also a lot of gowns in excellent condition–some looking practically new. Great place to go if you know you like Vera Wang styles. You probably are not going to find the exact dress you saw at the store, but if you like her gown designs, there is a good chance that you will find something that may suit you. Sizes vary. Most that I saw were size 8, 10, 12, 14. I did come across a handful of smaller sized like 2’s but those are rare.  Tailors were on site to give you tips on how it can be resized/altered and a ballpark price for alteration if you use their services. Prices are definitely a bargain! The whole experience was pleasant except for the earlier part where the hotel hired security was sort of control freaks who limited our usage of bathroom after 7:30am. We had to carefully plan our water intake because of fear we may not be "allowed" to go to the bathroom. Fortunately, the much nicer security guy from Vera Wang came later and treated us with a lot more courtesy while still maintaining order. That was a relief in more ways than one!

All in all, it was worth a few hours of lost sleep. I do have to size down my dress but I love it! Tips to keep in mind is to go early, stay calm, don’t turn into a crazy bridezilla, and don’t wear a thong. Also, do not bring your fiance to help you find dresses. He will hate it and also, they don’t allow men in the dressing area so better to just leave him home and find a girlfriend to go with.

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee

Clarification: I mean, the dresses are a bargain compared to retail prices. Alterations can run expensive depending on how much resizing or altering you need. But it was good to have a tailor give you some estimates before you buy the dress. Good luck at next sale!

The topic ‘Vera Wang 2008 NYC Sample Sale’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors