(Closed) Vera Wang gown/draped skirt VW351029 – ways to not hem?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@snowcreeks:  Hmm it sounds to me like you’ve exhausted your options, but i’m gonna bump this thread in hopes that someone has another solution for you! On second thought – Have you tried a crinoline rather than a petticoat?  Something with a little less fullness?

Post # 4
6120 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@snowcreeks:  is there any way a seamstress can hem the skirt by removing it, cutting it (where it was connected at the waist), and then sewing it back on? (I hope that made sense). So the bottom of the skirt isn’t cut…They would essentially be bringing up the skirt as opposed to removing inches off the bottom.

Post # 5
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I tried this dress on DB and they told me they alter it by taking off the skirt and brigning it up, rather than by hemming it from the bottom. I’m  not sure that’s cheaper, but that may be worth looking into. 

It’s a beauty! I loved that dress. 

Post # 7
6120 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@snowcreeks:  when I said they would bring the skirt up that doesn’t mean it sits higher on your body. They would just hem the skirt from the top of the skirt as opposed to bottom and then see it back on in the same place it was before. Hope that makes better sense.

The topic ‘Vera Wang gown/draped skirt VW351029 – ways to not hem?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors