- Belle Lamour
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
OK, I’m going to come off as a total whacko, I know, but I need some serious opinions here! My Fiance is a sweetie, and told me that as long as I don’t register for anything ‘pink, purple, or flowery, PLEASE, I beg of you’, I can have whatever formal china I want. Love that man.
So here’s where I start to sound crazy: I’m torn between two VERY similar patterns, with practically identical names, and I’m really just being nitpicky on both. Allow me to explain why I’ve yet to settle on one or the other:
Vera Wang – Vera Lace $139 per setting
-Gorgeous, gorgeous salad plate pattern that also appears on the platter. It’s just so incredibly striking, especially in contrast to all the other plates.
-Comes wth a covered vegetable bowl, teapot, and gravy stand that Lenox’s line doesn’t have
– I think I like the ‘lace’ pattern a little more than Lenox’s… a little! It’s a bit more special looking and refined
– That covered vegetable I like so much? It’s $325.
– These pieces NEVER go on sale, at least they never go on sale at Macy’s, where I’m registering.
– A Macy’s reviewer said that the open vegetable bowl is tiny and practically useless
– There’s no coffee pot, and the teapot is kind of small; is it really practical?
– I have no idea if this pattern will still be around 10 years from now. It’s very popular, but if it gets discontinued, how will I replace it easily when breaks occur?
– I kind of wish the ‘lace’ pattern was on the outside of the dinner plate, rather than inside
Lenox – Lace Couture $143 per setting, $99 on sale!
– As mentioned, this entire line goes on sale very frequently at Macy’s, which makes me feel less guilty about registering for fine china at all
– Comes with a DARLING footed open vegetable bowl that could hold a substantial amount of food, a HUGE coffee pot, and to die for accent plates (the plate pushed furthest to the left in the picture)
– The psycho OCD chick in me likes how the romantic, frilly lace pattern is on the outside of all the other plates
– Lenox has a great replacement plan, where if you register all of your china items, you can replace any of them for 50% off. I also think this pattern will probably be around for a long time, because it’s Lenox.
– Like I said, no gravy/covered vegetable/teapot, and those are all items I’d really like to have
– When these pieces aren’t on sale, they’re actually more expensive than Vera’s
– Is it “okay” to register for the accent plates that I’m so in love with, when a 5 piece set already comes with salad plates already? Did any of you register for accent plates?
Thank you all for indulging me in my china pattern dilemma! I know this reeks of having NO LIFE WHATSOEVER, lol, but I’m the queen of indecision and this is one of the last few things we need to pick before we can finish up our registry!