(Closed) Vera Wang VW351011 Alterations

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

my friend got this gown altered about the same length and because of all the layers/detailing it ran her to about $400.. It’s very expensive to alter the Vera Wang dresses.

Post # 4
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i spent just over $600 altering my Vera.  I’m not sure how much of it was for hemming. i’m 5’1″ and I wore 3″ heels so we should be the same height with heels.  But my dress only required about 1 to 2 inches hemmed and I could have left it if I wore taller heels but I didn’t want to struggle wearing taller heels.  I wore Vera Wang Ethel so although it had the silk organza flanges it did not swirl the same way yours does.  Just makes sure if you a taking it up so much that the flanges still hits you at the right place.  i think it’s a real problem with petite brides altering dresses that were designed with taller women’s proportions.  i know these organza flanges are a pain in the a** to alter but even my drop waist melissa sweet gigi was not an easy alteration and costs around $500 to alter.  the tailor said there were six layers.  i only had the front portion hemmed a few inches and had it taper off to the sides.  i then had a size 8 taken in about 7 inches around my hips.

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Mine was $350 alterations, but I did a lot to the dress.

The shortened the hem, changed the back from a zipper to a corset, added a sweetheart, added the bustle, and are sewing on my belt.

The topic ‘Vera Wang VW351011 Alterations’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors