(Closed) VINDICATED!!! Update to the ring debaucle of 2013!

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
9619 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Nona99:   Proof of karma, lol – what comes around goes around, huh?    🙂  ((HUGS)) 

Post # 4
291 posts
Helper bee

I like you. This made me laugh a lot. And rub my hands together and cackle…

Post # 6
6365 posts
Bee Keeper

Sorry your loan went so poorly, it was a a nice gesture. 🙁

This is why I now follow the rule, “never a borrower or lender be.” I too got burned by loaning money but in a different way (My friend worried too much about how long the repayment was taking and what I “must” be feeling, and kind of had a meltdown about the issue, in any case it almost ruined our friendship). If I give people money I no longer expect it back at all and I make that clear.

Money… it so easily gets in the way of what really matters, even when everyone’s got the best intentions.

Post # 7
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Nona99:  awesome and fabulous Nona! LOVE a happy ending…especially when it’s served as “Just Desserts” ha! Good for YOU!!!

Post # 9
2213 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Nona99:  What goes around comes around!  Glad you finally got repaid, too.  🙂

Post # 10
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Nona99: Wait so you lent money to the SO of a long time friend for an engagement ring? 

Post # 12
2213 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@joya_aspera:  I learned this lesson from an ex!  I lent him a month’s rent + utilities to keep him from getting evicted and to keep his electricity on, and in the end he said “you didn’t help me at all, you just changed who I owe money to.” 

He was such an a$$hole…and the only one of the guys I’ve dated who I felt was truly a bad person.  After we broke up, I had to harass him for a LONG time, (a year or two) but I finally got most of my money back.  He still technically owes me $180, but not having to talk to him ever again is worth at least that much.

The topic ‘VINDICATED!!! Update to the ring debaucle of 2013!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors