(Closed) Vintage E-Ring, 1920's. Need band suggestions & Help!

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Your ring is gorgeous!! It could also act as wedding band. Someone here suggested a thin plain white gold band and I agree. I think it would work well.

Either a band, or no band – you just cannot go wrong!

Post # 18
6709 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@mypinkshoes:  this”!

Post # 19
2352 posts
Buzzing bee

@bone1080:  Vintage fan here! love the ring. I would go with a simple band. No stones. I dont think you need it cause the E ring is really the wow statement there. If you add another diamond band that be a whole bunch of diamonds. However, that might be your taste.

Im unsure if this is a family piece or not. But how do you feel about getting a nice 1920s simple band? I’ve seen some really nice onces. Its a thought, if you want to keep with the vintage feel and dont mind wearing someone elses ring. I know some bees aren’t a fan of that.

Post # 20
4474 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Your ring is so beautiful and balanced I don’t think you need a wedding band.  I think a wedding band would throw things off and make it too busy.  I’d either get a wedding band and wear it and the ering on separate hands, or get a band to wear on your left hand for days you don’t feel like wearing your ering.

Post # 21
Hostess
8146 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I would personally get a curved band to accentuaonerous Engagement Ring (I know you said you don’t like them but its really the only way to make it fit) or go a whole different route and get an awesomely cool wedding band and then just wear them separately for different occasions!

Post # 22
1070 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@bone1080:  That’s exactly what I’m doing. Ering is a little bulky, so it goes on the right when I get my simple wedding band.

Honestly, your ering would also make a gorgeous band. Maybe get a smaller band and then you can start stacking the anniversary bands later?

Post # 24
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Wow what a gorgeous e ring! I think a plain metal band or a tiny pave band would be beautiful!

Post # 25
3667 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

see below

Post # 26
7425 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

That ring will look best without a band. I just wear my ering as a wedding ring now, and I love not having to fuss with more than one ring.

Post # 27
3667 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

View original reply
@lia22:  ditto.

I have my great aunt’s ring from 1918 that has a similar curve. It’s not my e-ring, but when I wear it on my left hand as I often do, I don’t intend to wear anything with it.

Here’s that ring:

Post # 28
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@bone1080:  +1 @lia22 . I think it already looks like it has 2 bands on either side anyway.

The topic ‘Vintage E-Ring, 1920's. Need band suggestions & Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors